What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Dropbox

HRFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on some of the comments and reviews of the dropbox app on these forums, I went ahead with it and so far I am really impressed but I"m wondering how to do something pretty basic: When I access a file from dropbox on my ipad, open it in pages and modify it, how do I get the modified version back into the dropbox? I'm hoping I'm just missing something really obvious. Can anyone help? Thanks!

OP
H

HRFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I think I found a workaround, although not very slick...it'll do for now...
I just email the pages document to one of my email addresses, then open the email on the ipad and select "open with" and dropbox is one of the choices. It's not as smooth as I'd like but it'll do. I'm still curious to hear how others move documents and photos from the ipad into dropbox. Thanks!

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HRFox said:
Okay, I think I found a workaround, although not very slick...it'll do for now...
I just email the pages document to one of my email addresses, then open the email on the ipad and select "open with" and dropbox is one of the choices. It's not as smooth as I'd like but it'll do. I'm still curious to hear how others move documents and photos from the ipad into dropbox. Thanks!

When i was researching office type apps for my iPad, i got the impression that Pages did not have a direct Dropbox connectivity. I decided to use Quickoffice which does have direct Dropbox connectivity. Quickoffice is working well for me.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

david.vine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HRFox said:
Based on some of the comments and reviews of the dropbox app on these forums, I went ahead with it and so far I am really impressed but I"m wondering how to do something pretty basic: When I access a file from dropbox on my ipad, open it in pages and modify it, how do I get the modified version back into the dropbox? I'm hoping I'm just missing something really obvious. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I need an answer to this same seemingly basic question!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't use Pages so excuse the ignorance here. Having said that, I'm not especially surprised that Pages doesn't play well with Dropbox. On the other hand, is iCloud an alternative? I would think that Apple's own cloud service would support saving a Pages document.

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can email directly to Dropbox. Visit the Dropbox site to find your Dropbox account email address.

Most reactions

Latest posts