What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with crashing app

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Today when I tried to open The Weather Channel app, it starts and then stops or crashes. To try to remedy this I have rebooted, deleted the app and then re-installed it, re-booted again, and it still crashes. As far as I know no settings that affect it have been changed. It has always worked fine before today. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like you've done all the usual things. I've checked mine, and it's working, so it is probaby not the server.

Try a reset.

If that does not work, the only settings I can think of that might make a difference are the Location settings and Notifications settings. You could try turning those on/off for the app.

And if that does not work, I'd try the delete the app and reinstall again. Only I'd do a restart both after the delete and after the reinstal. Not that I have any idea if that would make a difference.

Good luck.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. It should reboot. Takes a bit longer than a normal restart.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometimes when one of my apps is messing up, even after a restart or re-download, I assume they're "working on it", and it often functions normally by the next day. This seems especially true before and after an update (whether I've updated or not). If I do update and don't like it, or it doesn't work quite right, I delete it and re-sync to the previous version.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[quote="] I assume they're "working on it", and it often functions normally by the next day.[/quote]

This may be delusional, but it keeps me sane.

OP
TMWeddle

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
Jeeper said:
[quote="] I assume they're "working on it", and it often functions normally by the next day.

This may be delusional, but it keeps me sane.[/QUOTE]

The "next day" solution often works. Keeping sane is something to strive for but I think for me that ship has sailed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts