What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with contacts sync

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have just tried to sync my contacts for the first time (first time sync) and iTunes keep asking "are you sure you want to remove GoodPlayer."... GoodPlayer is installed and I don't want to remove this, when I I only have options to remove the app or cancel, when I cancel it conceals the whole sync not just the removal of this app

I have sync apps turned off as is everything else, I just want to sync my contacts with outlook

Thanks
Keith

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Did you buy the app directly on your iPad? It sounds like it isn't currently in your iTunes library on your computer (or not selected to sync). Try transferring purchases from your iPad first before syncing.

OP
K

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

App sync is turned off so no apps should sync,

I don't know what you mean by transfer the app form iPad to computer

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Once connected to your pc, right click on your iPad under devices in iTunes and the option to transfer purchases should appear in the popup context menu.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Also not sure what you mean by app sync is off but by choosing in iTunes to sync no apps, means that when you sync all your apps currently on the iPad will be wiped. It does not mean just leave things alone on the iPad.

avraham17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't sync the adress book with my iPad 2.No such promlems with other functions.
I'l appreciate any help

Aib

OP
K

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have tried what DefBref recommended but when I clicked sync the same message appears... Do you want to delete the app, click cancel and everything stops..

All i want to do is sync contacts, I don't want to sync apps or anything else

Keith

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Unfortunately as I explained earlier, you can't just sync certain items and hope itunes leaves others alone, choosing not to sync apps will mean itunes will want to delete your apps on the ipad, as the logic to itunes is that you don't want them on the ipad as you have chosen not too sync them.

Your gonna have to set your apps up to sync to avoid that message.

OP
K

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref

I have tried both apps set to sync and set not to sync but it always does the same thing, it wants to remove the apps, the apps all show up in iTunes on the relative screens etc etc

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
and you've done the transfer purchases option?

You could always let it delete your apps anyway, as you can easily get them back.

OP
K

KeithDib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did the transfare option,

If I let it delete the one app it may just do the same for them all!

I don't really want to go through this simply to sync the contacts, there must be another way

Most reactions