What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a syncing problem

Truffleshuffle03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i have run into a problme while transfuring ripped moves onto my Ipad. I have gotten a pop up from Itunes saying my ipad cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in my itunes library and a additional 444.9 mb is required. I have one song and 5 movies in my library and thats it. What do I need to do to get it to work. Do I need to just delete the movies that I have already transferd to the Ipad or would that remove them from my Ipad as well? Thanks for any help you can give me.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a 16 GB iPad, that would likely put you over capacity. If you deleted the movies, they would be removed from your iPad as well.

OP
T

Truffleshuffle03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have the 16 Is there a way to condenc the movies to where thay don;t take up as much space so I can add more? I mean if I had purchesed them from Itunes I am sure I could fit alot more onto the Ipad.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are they in HD or SD? HD will take up more space, so I don't see how purchasing from iTunes would save space, though I guess you could download a movie or two at a time and delete them as you watch them, because they'd still be in your iTunes account...

OP
T

Truffleshuffle03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are they in HD or SD? HD will take up more space, so I don't see how purchasing from iTunes would save space, though I guess you could download a movie or two at a time and delete them as you watch them, because they'd still be in your iTunes account...
no there standard. i think i found the problme. I had a lot of apps taking space up as well on my ipad and i didn;t use alot of them. I deleted some and now the movies are loading onto my ipad or atleast the three I wanted have. not going to tempt fate at the moment. But is there some kind of program that would
Condense the file the videos to make the not take up as much mb?

Last edited:

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would have to reduce the video quality to reduce the file size. If you're doing the ripping yourself, try playing with the quality settings in the app you use until you find a good trade off between video quality and file size.

OP
T

Truffleshuffle03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would have to reduce the video quality to reduce the file size. If you're doing the ripping yourself, try playing with the quality settings in the app you use until you find a good trade off between video quality and file size.
I broke down and bought a app avplayerhd where I don;t have to convert anything after ripping and just use wifi to get the movie so far it has uploaded 4 movies without any problmes where when I try to upload from my itunes library I can only get two at before it says I am out of space in my itunes library. It may be how I am doing it since I am using free software to rip and convert.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke down and bought a app avplayerhd where I don;t have to convert anything after ripping and just use wifi to get the movie so far it has uploaded 4 movies without any problmes where when I try to upload from my itunes library I can only get two at before it says I am out of space in my itunes library. It may be how I am doing it since I am using free software to rip and convert.

Actually, that sounds normal. My personal experience is that iTunes will refuse to sync videos when it will cause the free space to drop below approx. 400MB. Apps like avplayerhd don't have that minimum free space restriction unless they choose to implement it, so you can get more on there :)

Most reactions

Latest posts