What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! There is no sound being recorded on my video.

jayann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys any of you had problems when recording videos on your ipad2? my wifi 3g ipad 2 video was working fine until i updated my os to god knows when..now when i record, all i hear are static and some noise. But when i speak loud in to the my of my ipad, i barely hear myself. I've read in some other forums that a lot of people had the same problem but did not give any solutions..please help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in conversation with another Member yesterday who has exactly the same problem as you. Have you tried recording using an audio recording app just to see if you have the same problem there (he did). There are several free audio recording apps available, so it might be worth checking to see if the problem persists. This Member has tried a whole load of other ways to 'cure' the problem - restart, reboot etc - but nothing seems to work. It's curious because, clearly, it doesn't affect the majority of Members who have upgraded to iOS5 so it seems as though there might be a configuration issue here, but we can't work out what it is.

Tim

OP
jayann

jayann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey tim! Thnx for the reply..im gonna try out an app for recording audio and get back to the forum as soon as i have results! Thnx again for the reply!

OP
jayann

jayann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried an app for voice reorder. Its all noise and static then i tried speaking right infront of the mic and played it.. It did record my voice but barely and it sounded like im near a waterfalls or something. Any ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - this is exactly the same result as the other Member that I was talking to yesterday. We failed to come up with a solution. As I mentioned in my last post, it's strange because clearly it doesn't affect most iPads but it certainly does affect some. I haven't upgraded yet, so I have no personal experience of this problem so I'm hoping that someone has found a 'fix' for it and can post it here.

Tim

OP
jayann

jayann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really hope it can be fixed! If it is a software bug i can just wait for a new update or something or there is something wrong with my ipad mic, ill have it fixed so i am in a dilemma.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it's a problem with the microphone as several Members have reported the exact same problem and that would be too much of a coincidence. It has to be a software or configuration problem somehow....

In the 'past' microphone problems have been fixed by a reboot of the iPad, but this 'new' problem seems 'immune' to that 'fix'.

Tim

OP
jayann

jayann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well, i guess all i can do now is wait. Appreciate it alot tim thanks again :) lemme know if you hear anything else about this bug. Cheers!

Annie356

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too on my iPad.I can hear the audio perfectly where the music and apps are concerned but not on video.I updated the software to 5.1.1 but to no avail.The problem persists :|

Florida Ron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I was in conversation with another Member yesterday who has exactly the same problem as you. Have you tried recording using an audio recording app just to see if you have the same problem there (he did). There are several free audio recording apps available, so it might be worth checking to see if the problem persists. This Member has tried a whole load of other ways to 'cure' the problem - restart, reboot etc - but nothing seems to work. It's curious because, clearly, it doesn't affect the majority of Members who have upgraded to iOS5 so it seems as though there might be a configuration issue here, but we can't work out what it is.

Tim

You can test the mic very quickly using the Skype voice test. Mine failed 5 days after warranty expired. Apple did give me a set of earbuds with a buil in mic. Lotsa folks having this problem!

iduc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same fault and symptoms. plugging in an external mic doesn't make any difference either.

I am using IOS 6.1.3

Most reactions

Latest posts