What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help required please.

thengoboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can somebody please help me out on my absinthed iPad2 5.1.1,
- it has for some reason lost the "Add Bookmark" option when browsing the web using Safari. I've attached screenshot to display my missing "Add Bookmark" problem.
- Also if someone could give me guidance on how to get more "Open In" options that would be greatly appreciated
Thank U

Attachments

• image-2170276297.jpg
    image-2170276297.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 187

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you, by any chance, installed the Cydia tweaks RetinaPad or FullForce? When I did, one of the things that got messed up was my Safari's top lines.

For more "Open In..." options, what are you looking for? For example, I can select to open something in iFile, a Cydia tweak. I guess I don't understand what you mean by more options...

Marilyn

OP
thengoboy

thengoboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello thank you for your suggestions, I went through and checked my installed cydia tweaks but the two you suggested weren't installed so that can't be it thank u. And the other part of my question is when the open in menu comes up I'd like to be able to use _ USB app or zip if possible. Thank you any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you still have the pirated software on your iPad? You know, the list of stuff you listed (and f4780y, my fellow moderator deleted) in this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=78209

Because, to be honest, it sounds as if your best bet is to restore to a fresh iOS 5.1.1 and then re-jailbreak it with Absinthe. Not only does putting piracy software on your iPad display a bad judgement of character, it also plays havoc with iPads because you are installing and using software that has not been vetted by the legitimate jail breaking community. It's always bound to cause trouble.

So, restore your iPad and then, stay away from the dodgy, pirated and illegal repos and tweaks. Don't be a pirate!

Marilyn

P.S. And "Open In..." only works to open an app. It doesn't do a function like open another drive or unzip a file. that's not how Apple designed it and, as far as I know, there is no tweak to do these functions with "Open In..."

Most reactions