What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Problem installing sources in cydia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I've been having a lot of problems adding new sources in cydia and can't figure out what to do. Ive been able to put a handful of sources in but any others simply just dont complete. In the attached screenshot it shows that the packages all loaded but then it just sits their for as long as it can before you push cancel. Any tips?

Attachments

• image-2604529455.png
    image-2604529455.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,228

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tip1 - Don't post a screenshot which betrays you are a pirate on a forum which has a strong anti-piracy stance. It does not encourage any of us to assist you.

Tip2 - Unreliable non-standard repos are just that. Unreliable. If they don't finish loading it is usually because they are under too much pressure or the owners simply don't maintain / monitor the servers. There is nothing you can do about it other than contact them directly.

Tip3 - Read the rules linked in my sig.

OP
Serianni

Serianni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never said I was pirating anything or condoning it. Idk what I would be pirating by showing my source screen. And I dont know why you cant help me at all :/ my friend just gave me a list of his sources on his iphone that said they all had really cool apps and tweaks so I was adding them all to make my cydia list bigger. Whats the deal?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ignorance is not an excuse. The second source in your list exists for one purpose only. To allow you to install apps and tweaks which enable you to steal software. When you add it to Cydia it gives you a warning to this effect.

You were given 3 tips. All 3 are valid, and number 2 answers your question precisely, even if the other two are a bit facetious. I suggest you read them all again. It is because you are adding unreliable sources that you are having problems for the reasons stated.

We don't support or condone piracy here. My point is that when you blatantly show us that you do, why should any of us feel motivated to help?

Since that's a rhetorical question, I'll close the thread now to avoid opening this up to any further debate, which could be counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts