1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help - printing calendar from ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by cazzaishere, Apr 20, 2011.

1. cazzaishere

cazzaishere iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

My name is Cazza and I live in UK. I brought an Ipad2 last weekend (wifi version)

How can i print the calendar - have tried attatching to pc but just itunes loads and no idea how i can print a week of the calendar i have now filled in. I do not have a clue how i can transfer info to my Desktop pc and then print from my desktop or even if i can somehow print via my desktop to attatched printer directly. I am clueless as no print button appears on ipad calendar anywhere and a digital week on ipad is no use as i need a hard copy so i can see what i am doing for a week or two. Else i will be reverting to my Excel calendar i have made on my desktop

please help

thanks

cazza
  2. mtsant21

mtsant21 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Print central pro app does what you want but it's not free.. Except from when you are on wifi you can also print via 3G to USB connected and network printers as long as your desktop computer has Internet and the weprint software (free bonjour server application). I use it on both iPhone/iPad. You then do not need to attach your device to your pc
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1
    There is no print option from the Calendar app on the iPad. There are a couple of workaround.

The best way would be to set your Calendar to sync with an online calendar like Google. You can then get a computer calendar program that you like and sync it with Google too. Most of the better calendar programs will do this, though you should make sure of it before buying one.

The cheap and dirty way would be to take a snapshot of the calendar.

Orient the calendar and adjust the view to what you want printed, then press the home and power buttons at the same time, briefly. You'll hear a camera like sound. A screen shot is now stored in your Photos app.

If you have Airprint set up to work on your iPad you can print directly from there. If not then email it to yourself and open it on the computer for printing.

Pictures taken in landscape mode will need to be rotated to be viewed properly. You can do this on the computer, or with Photo Shop Express on the iPad.

If you don't want to get a calendar program for the computer, but like the Google Calendar sync idea, you could also print the Google Calendar website from the computer. It wouldn't look very nice, but it would work.