What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please

lucyfbowyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive got myself an iPad 2 and it works fine. I bought one for my mum for lots of reasons including so we can chat on FaceTime. Even with me sat next to her now (so nothing wrong with the network). Her apple ID is working And verified. But when we try and log in to face time it won't let us. I've tried putting my own apple I'd into her iPad and that won't work
Have found something on a forum about putting DNS 8.8.8.8 in. Have tried that and makes no difference

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

OP
L

lucyfbowyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also. With the 2 iPads here trying to see what is different. In settings. FaceTime there is not a bit at the top which you can switch on and off. Anyone know how I can get that here

coolish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you are connected to a wifi network. You cannot FaceTime without a wifi network. Also make sure your face time feature is turned on

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lucyfbowyer said:
Also. With the 2 iPads here trying to see what is different. In settings. FaceTime there is not a bit at the top which you can switch on and off. Anyone know how I can get that here

You should have that setting for FaceTime, that's strange that you don't. Give these steps a try. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.
See if the tab is now there. You also need to set up Notifications for FaceTime. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions