HELP Please!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by budh, Apr 21, 2013.

1. budh

budh iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really need some help. My ipad 2 takes a minute or two to boot up. I get the apple logo on my screen, then i wait and wait, finally i get the password logo, key in my password then, wait and wait. I had one suggestion but that didn't work. I have three screens of apps. Would deleting a bunch speed up the boot???? Would deleting all but preinstalled apps and starting help?? Thanks for your help
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0
    I would consider a restore here. Wouldn't hurt to do a backup to itunes first, as it might save you some time.

Then use iTunes to restore your iPad. When asked, restore from the backup you made, and see if it makes any difference. If everything is still the same, you can then restore as a new device, and reinstall your apps from iTunes.

If you are jailbroken, ignore all of this, and wait for someone to come along who knows something about it, because I don't, apart from the fact that you need to be very careful restoring a jailbroken device.
  3. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232 / 0
    You can start afresh using ILEX R.A.T to remove all your jailbroken tweaks and apps and start fresh again assuming it's a jailbroken tweak/app related issue. I'd also check that you have sufficient room on your device since it does tend to slug when you've used up almost all of your available storage.