What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help please

Pop57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new guy had my i pad for a week now starting to get there but 2 things i could do with help with
1 what type of files does the e book reader app read or is there a better app for this that reads most e book formats.
2 whats the best program for converting my avi files over so they can play full screen without lose of picture ie cropped picture,i have converted a few but never been happy with the result.also used vlc player but only plays in a strip in the centre does not fill the screen.
converter and settings would be a great help.
cheers all

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a free program called Calibre which can convert a wide variety of eBook formats for use with iBooks and there are alternative eBook readers from Kindle and Stanza which are worth a look.

For video try the free program called Handbrake. There's been lots of discussion about it on these forums.
You can also stream videos from your main machine to the iPad using Air Video and Zumocast. These both work very well and save space on the iPad.

OP
P

Pop57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a free program called Calibre which can convert a wide variety of eBook formats for use with iBooks and there are alternative eBook readers from Kindle and Stanza which are worth a look.

For video try the free program called Handbrake. There's been lots of discussion about it on these forums.
You can also stream videos from your main machine to the iPad using Air Video and Zumocast. These both work very well and save space on the iPad.
thanks for that ill give them a go

Lesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
another way to convert files to ipad-compatible formats

iiiconverter.com

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember that Air Video can convert and stream the video simultaneously saving pre conversion time. If time is of the essence that is, otherwise you can also flag videos from your shared folder(s) for conversion even while you stream another.

Most reactions

Latest posts