What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please with ipad 1

kev21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone help please just tried to upgrade my ipad all going fine then it crashed now it tells me i have to restore no problem i thought it starts to restore as far as the firmware then crashes and says an error has occured did everthing apple says to restore disabling a/v ect but still no luck cannt do a thing with it had it for 5 months think it will have to go back to shop but any help would be great thanks;)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kev21 said:
can anyone help please just tried to upgrade my ipad all going fine then it crashed now it tells me i have to restore no problem i thought it starts to restore as far as the firmware then crashes and says an error has occured did everthing apple says to restore disabling a/v ect but still no luck cannt do a thing with it had it for 5 months think it will have to go back to shop but any help would be great thanks;)

A couple of things to try

Shut down iTunes, and disconnect the sync cable.

Shut down your PC or laptop

Press and hold the power button on your iPad until you see the "slide to power off" slider displayed.

Slide this and wait for the iPad to shut down completely

Reboot your PC or laptop, and start iTunes.

Restart your iPad.

Connect the sync cable and wait until the iPad appears in iTunes

Try the update again

Additional: if you can get the iPad to start, go into settings, and clear All Cookies, and history, and cache

Hope this may help :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
K

kev21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried all this it seems as if it started to restore then crashed leaving the ipad blank just tried to load a early version of firmware it goes right up to the last bit and as i said before loading firmware and it crashes its just like its bricked:confused:

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kev21 said:

If your able to get into your iPad, on the assumption that you were able to backup the iPad at some point, I would go into general/settings/reset and erase all data and setting which will wipe your data and put it back to factory. Once you then activate the iPad through iTunes you can set it up as a new device. Your email is web based so that is not an issue. The apps you purchased will still be in iTunes provided you use the same account details.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

OP
K

kev21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no luck cannot get into the ipad when i connect to pc get a message that the ipad is in a restore mode all you can do is click restore it says it has done everything and verified it untill it comes to firmware and crashes

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kev21 said:
no luck cannot get into the ipad when i connect to pc get a message that the ipad is in a restore mode all you can do is click restore it says it has done everything and verified it untill it comes to firmware and crashes

If you can't get the iPad to boot at all, and can't get into settings. Looks as if you are looking at returning it for replacement I'm afraid.

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
If you can't get the iPad to boot at all, and can't get into settings. Looks as if you are looking at returning it for replacement I'm afraid.

I concur

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

ronc1362

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi......I am new to iPad.
I love it but I would love suggestion for contacts. I use outlook and it seems to sync seemlessly but doesn't have a lot of functionality. I like sending email to groups.......
Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts