What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please - Restore but keep jailbreak?

Dekz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have an iPad jailbroken on 4.2.1

I am going to sell it so I want to do a restore to wipe it, but I want to keep it jailbroken for the buyer.

Is this possible?

OP
D

Dekz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It all depends on what SHSH Blobs you have saved.

Follow this tutorial to download your saved blobs and tell us what versions you have, excluding 4.3.5 and 5.x (ideally we want to know if you have 4.3.3)

Ok, done.

I have both 4.2.1 and 4.3.3

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good. That means you should be able to use this tutorial to install 4.3.3 and then jailbreak it for the new buyer by visiting jailbreakme.com in Mobile Safari on the iPad.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

The good news is you already have done the first piece! Start at the bit where you press the "Start TSS Server" button in TU.

Let us know if you get into any problems.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dekz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it all done and sold without a hitch.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dekz said:
Got it all done and sold without a hitch.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

You are very welcome. Glad you got it done.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts