What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help please on itunes and ipod

hondacivic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a oap and I would appreciate advice as simply as possible please.
I have two nano 4th generation ipods I run Windows 8.1 on my laptop and have the latest itunes installed.
I only wish to rip music from cd's to put on the ipod's
I have one ipod fully set up and working fine, however I wish to use the second ipod on the computer but have completely separate type of music with no cross over between the two units.
I have seen various instructions in other places on how to do this but I have not managed it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After the music is ripped and put in iTunes you should have full control over which songs and albums you put on the iPod. When syncing the iPod you can select from all music in iTunes on your computer.

OP
H

hondacivic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply but how do I do it please.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply but how do I do it please.
After you've connected your iPod to iTunes on your computer and selected the music tab as in the linked directions, you can select to sync your entire music library or only selected songs. If you choose to sync only selected songs, you can choose which ones to sync from the list that appears. You can sync individual songs, artists, albums, or playlists.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Most reactions