What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help playing HD .mkv files on VLC for iPad.

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically I have the VLC app for my iPad and I copy across files which are 2gb-7gb as they are in high definition and have a .mkv extension.

the app says they may it may run slow however i can play smaller (non-HD) .mkv files

is there anyway I can get these to play, preferably without converting!

cheers.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak and install XBMC. They will play flawlessly as long as they are 720p.

OP
E

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:

Cheers- I always jailbreak but I don't think there is one for the iPad 2 yet :(

Also with the camera connector kit and iFile can I view videos from an SD card on XBMC? (much like you can by linking it to cineXPlayer

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try out Oplayer or good player. You should be able to link to files thru ifiles like in CineXplayer to view movies also.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:

Cheers- I always jailbreak but I don't think there is one for the iPad 2 yet :(

Also with the camera connector kit and iFile can I view videos from an SD card on XBMC? (much like you can by linking it to cineXPlayer

Xbmc has a built in file browser to play media, so it should work. You should be able to add your sd card as a folder under videos and then you will have quick access to it without having to browse the filesystem each time.

Most reactions

Latest posts