What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help: photos and ipad

kylefei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear forum and iPad users:

I just got my iPad yesterday and I am very excited. Anyway, I will be using ipad mainly for business, and one of the thing I would like my ipad to do is to store all my business product samples so I can show around my clients wherever I go. The problem is that I have photos in my home computer and in my office computer, and sometimes in my laptop. and I know that iPad can only transfer files with one computer, so my question is: is there a way that can make my request possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since your laptop is also portable, use it as your iPad sync device. Take it to work and download your work and home photos onto it. Thereafter you could email or dropbox any new stuff to your iPad.

Check out the GoodReader app it's very versatile and has a usb option to drag and drop items into your iPad without loading iTunes. They have a website and at 99c it's a no brainer.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Actually, the free app "DropBox" would be what you would want use. It has not only the iPad/iPhone app, but a Blackberry and a Desktop App as well. It uses a "cloud" to store your images and other files. There is a certain amount that is free, and you can pay for more bandwidth.

This could keep all your PCs and iPad up to date with your photos.

OP
K

kylefei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for both of you. I tried dropbox and it works well. Thanks again.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way is to use the Apple Camera Kit. It plugs into the docking port on the bottom of your iPad and allows you to use one of those little SD memory cards. You can store all of your pictures on an SD card and save them on your iPad. It would be faster than connecting to DropBox and you don't need an Internet connection.

MC531

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.)

Most reactions

Latest posts