What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help~not getting FaceTime notification/alerts

Clockface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
It should work now. I bet you that was the problem. Do you have an iPod to FaceTime with yourself?

Let us know, clock!

No, I have a MacBook with FaceTime
. Can I call myself? just one username an email

Clockface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clockface said:
No, I have a MacBook with FaceTime
. Can I call myself? just one username an email

Thank you for your expert help in getting noisy alerts with FaceTime calls on My IPad.
Setting to lock orientation instead of mute has fixed the problem, as I was alerted to a call from Ireland this evening.
Long live the iPad forum.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's great to hear we got it all sorted out for you!!

Have fun with your iPad!

Bobbyg0605

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 2 iPads. One has the problem described above and one does not. They both have the same sound and FaceTime settings. I have tried resetting but to no avail. If I am on the faulty system when a call comes in I can see it and answer but I miss the call if I am not watching the screen. What can Apple tell me to do

Bobbyg0605

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just found the additional page of advice and the side switch setting was my problem. It is now set to 'lock rotation' and the alart sound is functioning. Thank you

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just found the additional page of advice and the side switch setting was my problem. It is now set to 'lock rotation' and the alart sound is functioning. Thank you

Hey Bobby--glad that you were able to fix it with reading this thread. I can attest that when first bringing a new device home, there is so much excitement and learning involved. Good luck and enjoy your iPad!

Mrx41862

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having same problem and the answer (for me anyway was almost silly). Swipe up from the bottom. Check if your mute is on or off. My volume was all the way up and being its harder for me to see white against light grey (the color scheme of the control panel) my mute was on. Mine is now fixed.

Most reactions