What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help! new ipad w/ itunes & usb logo

steveringo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
need help. I have a new ipad and it worked great for a week. I just turned it on and get the usb cord pic pointing at the itunes logo. I cannot move this image. i've searched other sites and they say to 'plug it into itunes' (?) i don't have itunes or an ipad. I dont even have a usb cord that fits into the ipad. (I have a PC with a smaller port). The only cord I have that fits is the power cord... anyone online that know how to fix this?

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
steveringo said:
need help. I have a new ipad and it worked great for a week. I just turned it on and get the usb cord pic pointing at the itunes logo. I cannot move this image. i've searched other sites and they say to 'plug it into itunes' (?) i don't have itunes or an ipad. I dont even have a usb cord that fits into the ipad. (I have a PC with a smaller port). The only cord I have that fits is the power cord... anyone online that know how to fix this?

Are you saying your new iPad did not come with a sync cable?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Before you can start to use your iPad you need to connect it to your PC or Mac. For that you can use the power cord that connects the charger to the iPad. If you unplug that power cord from the charger it's a standard USB plug. If your PC has a smaller USB socket, then you'll need to purchase an adaptor from a store, such as Radio Shack.

On your PC you need to have the latest version of Apple's iTunes software - you can download it for free from the Apple website. Once you have that software installed, then connect your iPad to the PC using the cord that I've just mentioned and the iPad will automatically synchronise with your PC and all your contacts, calendars and email accounts will be automatically installed on the iPad.

If all of the above is too difficult then any Apple Store will do this for you - even if you didn't buy the iPad from there. There's absolutely no way around this initial synchronisation operation, unfortunately, so you either have to perform this operation yourself, get a friend or colleague to do it for you or go to the Apple Store.

Don't hesitate, though, to get back to us if anything requires clarification.

Tim

Most reactions