What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed with latest update.

Obe Ron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just uploaded the latest update on my Ipad 2, it completed, showed that the update was successful, but then stated that my Ipad could not be activated.......has anyone got any ideas as to what has happened and how to fix it.... any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys. Obe Ron.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

After the update, it's necessary to to enter the iCloud ID password, in order to update iCloud. If you didn't do this (it's also possible to skip that step), it might be the reason why it can't be activated.

OP
Obe Ron

Obe Ron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, J.A.
Firstly thanks for your quick reply. I cant remember seeing anything about an iCloud ID Password but I may be mistaken about that..... I just tried to connect to iTunes to activate my iPad and I received a message that iTunes could not verify my device. ?? any ideas??

Obe Ron

PS
If it was the iCloud ID Password is there any way to put it in now as I am stuck on the activation page. Cant go forward, and only back as far as "Choose Wi-Fi Network"

Thanks Obe Ron

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not any more, it seems.

Go to www.icloud.com, use a computer to access the site. Login and go to Find my iPhone there. Select your iPad and choose "Erase".

As soon as your iPad is online, iCloud will erase it, and you can set it up again, with the latest backup.

Reaction score
I have just uploaded the latest update on my Ipad 2, it completed, showed that the update was successful, but then stated that my Ipad could not be activated.......has anyone got any ideas as to what has happened and how to fix it.... any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys. Obe Ron.
My husband has just done the update on his iPad and cannot reactivate it. It won't take iCloud password, now the pad is unusable. Can anyone help. Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My husband has just done the update on his iPad and cannot reactivate it. It won't take iCloud password, now the pad is unusable. Can anyone help. Thanks
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Please read the instructions in my post above yours: remove the iPad from the iCloud account. It will be erased, and it'll be possible to use it again.

OP
Obe Ron

Obe Ron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not any more, it seems.

Go to www.icloud.com, use a computer to access the site. Login and go to Find my iPhone there. Select your iPad and choose "Erase".

As soon as your iPad is online, iCloud will erase it, and you can set it up again, with the latest backup.

Hi L.A.
I eventually opted for the "have no other option at the time" sollution.
I took my ipad back to original then performed a restore from a backup. Lost an absolute load of stuff, contacts, music etc but at least now I can rebuild and use it again. 4 days ago just before this all transpired I downloaded 2800 photos so ALL was not lost. (thank God).

Thank you for your help and assistance I really appreciate it.
Obe Ron.

Most reactions

Latest posts