What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed lost passcode for JB Ipad2 4.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wait a week, something might be possible, I'm looking into this now.

Cheers mate I won't be doing anything in a rush unless we get a definitive resolution to this issue...

I look forward to eharing from you

Ta

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn

I have an itunes back up with the passcode on it and I also have Ibackupbot but i am unable to find where the file is located with the passcode ?

Thanks

T

how many backups do you have?

do you have one without the passcode lock?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found a way to have access to your iPad 2, so you can use it.

i tested it out, so it works.

although you can fully use your iPad 2, you will need to remember that password, to turn it off in the settings app.

for this to work, you must have FaceTime activated already on your iPad 2, and just simply FaceTime your iPad 2 from another iDevice with FaceTime or a Mac computer that have FaceTime activated, in which the other device will add you as a contact and FaceTime your iPad 2, and you answer the FaceTime call, and press the home button, and you will have access to your device, and then choose end call after.

please take into consideration, you should be where your device have/had access to wifi before and is connected for this to work.

Last edited:
OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found a way to have access to your iPad 2, so you can use it.

i tested it out, so it works.

although you can fully use your iPad 2, you will need to remember that password, to turn it off in the settings app.

for this to work, you must have FaceTime activated already on your iPad 2, and just simply FaceTime your iPad 2 from another iDevice with FaceTime or a Mac computer that have FaceTime activated, in which the other device will add you as a contact and FaceTime your iPad 2, and you answer the FaceTime call, and press the home button, and you will have access to your device, and then choose end call after.

please take into consideration, you should be where your device have/had access to wifi before and is connected for this to work.

I think that method is a no go as I did not have face time activited on my Ipad2. It is on a wireless network though.

Thanks

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont do this, i tested this out with (iPod touch 3rd), when i restarted, i still had passcode lock screen, and wifi was turned off(you don't need this to happen right now), i think it cleared the wifi password. Weird thing is, although i deleted that file, when i restarted and ssh back into device, a new one was there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that method is a no go as I did not have face time activited on my Ipad2. It is on a wireless network though.

Thanks

that was an awesome guaranteed access to your iPad 2.

now we have to figure something else out, cool.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i seen this one, didn't test it yet. Kinda similar, just restrictions passcode recovery, i would think its really close to what you want.

pretty sure he is editing the backup for the device.

Q: Where are these backups stored?

A: By default, backups are stored in the following folders:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

view fullscreen...

pause video at 0:28 and look at #11.

i am using a Mac, should be similar....i do have a pc in the home, last resort.

edit: i did download plist editor pro, and tried the same in video, not successful yet for passcode lock, but i did see my parental restrictions password(a 4 digit), and continued digging thru more files and seen another password(letters) and also my wifi login password.
so there is light, just gotta find it.

if you try it, do the parental restrictions search, locate the password, and that might be the passcode lock.
the file number is 662bc19b13aecef58a7e855d0316e4cf61e2642b search that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i seen this one, didn't test it yet. Kinda similar, just restrictions passcode recovery, i would think its really close to what you want.

pretty sure he is editing the backup for the device.

Q: Where are these backups stored?

A: By default, backups are stored in the following folders:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

view fullscreen...

pause video at 0:28 and look at #11.

Recover iPhone Restrictions Passcode Without Jailbreak - YouTube

i am using a Mac, should be similar....i do have a pc in the home, last resort.

edit: i did download plist editor pro, and tried the same in video, not successful yet for passcode lock, but i did see my parental restrictions password(a 4 digit), and continued digging thru more files and seen another password(letters) and also my wifi login password.
so there is light, just gotta find it.

if you try it, do the parental restrictions search, locate the password, and that might be the passcode lock.
the file number is 662bc19b13aecef58a7e855d0316e4cf61e2642b search that one.

Poser

I have just tried the parental restriction password but it is not the one I can not seem to find the passkey section as per the Utube Vid...... :-(

We seem so close yet so far...........

Let me know if you do find where it is located as I have exhausted most files and can not locate it!!

Thanks for the help buddy

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i kept going at this, with no luck.

i was testing on an iPod touch, iphone 4, but finally tested on ipad2, kinda seen some different stuff, but still no luck.

still trying more options here.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, I have just deleted the last two posts as they are off topic and a little bit of searching would reveal that we already have a thread, started today, on that particular subject.

The Archangel

OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some good news of my own.........I had some time on my hands today and sat down with my son to go through some passcodes!!!!

He was 100% confident that his passcode began with the number 2 so we started with 2000!!!!!!!!!! 546 entries later we hit the jackpot and managed to unlock my device!!! :)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all that have helped and made a newbie like me feel a part of this community.

Now I need to know if there is a way I can save my SHSH blobs for my 4.3.3.

I think I will post this as another topic.

Thank you all again guys and gals..........

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TIMECMDR said:
I have some good news of my own.........I had some time on my hands today and sat down with my son to go through some passcodes!!!!

He was 100% confident that his passcode began with the number 2 so we started with 2000!!!!!!!!!! 546 entries later we hit the jackpot and managed to unlock my device!!! :)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all that have helped and made a newbie like me feel a part of this community.

Now I need to know if there is a way I can save my SHSH blobs for my 4.3.3.

I think I will post this as another topic.

Thank you all again guys and gals..........

Good news! 546 though!!

We have stickies in the hacking section which will guide you through the blob saving process, check them out.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions