What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed lost passcode for JB Ipad2 4.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I hope someone can help ideally with some positive good news and there is light at the end of the tunnel !!

I recently purchased my IPAD2 4.3.3 out of the box and jailbroke it..Yesterday my kid put a passcode on it and can not remember the digits!! :-(

I do not have any of the SHSH blobs. Is there any way I can restore my device back to 4.3.3 or remove the passcode.

Thank in advance all

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless your child can remember that passcode ... there is no way in. You'll have to restore (and thus lose your jailbreak).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Marilyn

OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, unless your child can remember that passcode ... there is no way in. You'll have to restore (and thus lose your jailbreak).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Marilyn

Marilyn

Thank you for your reply...I am gutted :-(

If I restore now it will go to 4.3.5 which I believe can not be JB?

Is it better for me to wait for IOS 5

Thanks in advance

T

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, if you restore, it will go to 4.3.5. I don't understand your iOS5 comment (cause it's not released yet) - unless you mean to wait/hope that 5 can be jail broken [quickly]? In that case, who knows - we can but wait.

Is there ANY way your child can remember that password? Hypnotism, maybe.

Again ... sorry.

Marilyn

OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, if you restore, it will go to 4.3.5. I don't understand your iOS5 comment (cause it's not released yet) - unless you mean to wait/hope that 5 can be jail broken [quickly]? In that case, who knows - we can but wait.

Again ... sorry.

Marilyn

Marilyn

We have tried a few combinations he thought they would be but to no avail.... I did not want to try too many attempts for fear of being locked out for 10 years!!!!

I did mean wait for IOS 5 in anticipation that it will be jailbroken, Hypnotism may be the way forward if 5 doesn't get broken!!! I may have to try locating a good hypnotist...

Totally distraught :-(

Thanks again

T

Last edited:

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Again ... sorry.

Marilyn

Marilyn

We have tried a few combinations he thought they would be but to no avail.... I did not want to try too many attempts for fear of being locked out for 10 years!!!!

I did mean wait for IOS 5 in anticipation that it will be jailbroken, Hypnotism may be the way forward if 5 doesn't get broken!!! I may have to try locating a good hypnotist...

Totally distraught :-(

Thanks again

T

If you download iFunBox (use google to find it) and access the files on the iPad without SSH, you can backup everything to your PC. If the files are in-accessible due to the lock code being in place, you may be out of luck. But it is worth a shot.

When I had to restore my iPad due to the Springtomize tweak removing the slide lock, I downloaded that standalone software to backup all of my Application files.

After you transfer all these files onto a folder on your desktop, snoop around and see if you can't find the mobile lock text document. It may just be a reference to an ACSII based file. I'll look through my iPad on iFile to see if I can find the location of the code myself, and find out how the document was encrypted or compiled.

If you want to continue with the backup method, just do so. If you want to restore, just jailbreak to Tethered 4.3.5 afterwards, or untethered 4.3.3. After jail breaking again, you can then open iFunBox and place the backed up files on your iPad.

I had some trouble at this point, but found out if you download a free app, it will allow you to drop these files under APPLICATIONS under SAID DOWNLOADED APP. As opposed to not being able to do so before.

After the backed up files are under some random app you don't even know why you have, download iFile from Cydia. I'm sure you know that there is a lite version under the paid version source.

After you download iFile, open it and click on Applications (in landscape mode) on the left hand side. Look for your one and only downloaded App folder. Open it and see a bunch of random letters and numbers. For example, you will see something like this:

AC3JKL-AHIJO1-HSO67J-KMNWQZ

Yes, I just mashed the keyboard,

Click on edit in the top right hand corner, and select all the funky named folders, now click the clipboard icon in the bottom right corner and select cut. Now go back one in the directory. You should now be back in applications.

Once your in applications again, select the same clipboard icon and hit paste. All your data from your downloaded apps are there.

But wait, when you go home, your icons aren't on springboard? Just simply restart your device. If your tethered, boot tethered from DFU mode using redsn0w.

BUT WAIT AGAIN. You now have all blank white icons on your screen. This is another simple fix. Just download your apps again. Doing this just replaces the app, and not the data associated with it. AND Your done.

If this doesn't help, I'm terribly sorry. Maybe this will help others. I will try and look for that lock code source for you.

I also hope you like to read.

You could also restore from another iPad...? But tell me how this goes first.

:D:D

Last edited:
OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

Thanks for the response mate

I love reading :) "knowledge is power"

I have downloaded Ifun and have managed to get into the ipad. :)

I can not seem to locate the mobile lock/ passcode document... :-(

I am not so bothered about the data my main objective is to be able to either take off the passcode or be able to keep 4.3.3 firmware thus enabling me to jailbreak the device..

Are you saying i may be able to disable or reset the passcode using ifun?

Thanks in advance

T

Last edited:

advsahir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

I am not so bothered about the data my main objective is to be able to either take off the passcode or be able to keep 4.3.3 firmware thus enabling me to jailbreak the device..

Thanks in advance

T

have you tried ifaith? it is basically a software to get your current firmware's shsh blobs even when apple is not signing it. i know it works for 4.3.3 as i have used it. i guess it should work for a passcode locked device.

if it works then you will have your blobs for 4.3.3 from which you can create a signed ipsw (using ifaith) and restore from that.

OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

Thanks in advance

T

have you tried ifaith? it is basically a software to get your current firmware's shsh blobs even when apple is not signing it. i know it works for 4.3.3 as i have used it. i guess it should work for a passcode locked device.

if it works then you will have your blobs for 4.3.3 from which you can create a signed ipsw (using ifaith) and restore from that.

The current version of ifaith does not support the Ipad 2 :-(

advsahir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The current version of ifaith does not support the Ipad 2 :-([/QUOTE]

oops sorry. missed the '2' in your first post!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Evove's comments gave me an idea...

Have you backed that iPad up to iTunes with the passcode on it? If so, Google this program: iBackupBot. It allows you to look at an iTunes backup on your computer...all the files. It will take a bit, but maybe you can find the password that way? It worked for me to find a password that I had forgotten for an app, maybe it'll work for you. Of course, that's only if you (1) have a backup and (2) have the password in that backup.

Then there's my other thought...if you've exhausted everything, I wonder what happens if you hook the iPad up to iTunes, right click and then say to "restore from backup"? Of course, THIS assumes you do NOT have that passcode in the backup (and that you have a back up).

Regardless, I would not suggest it unless it is the last thing you try just before restoring it to 4.3.5 (IOW, you've exhausted all searches in iFile and such). I've never used that function and don't know anyone who has. Be interesting to see the results, TBH, but still, use as a last resort.

And that's all I've got. Out of options...

Marilyn

OP
TIMECMDR

TIMECMDR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn

I have an itunes back up with the passcode on it and I also have Ibackupbot but i am unable to find where the file is located with the passcode ?

Thanks

T

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me look this afternoon/evening (I'll set my passcode, do a backup and then see if I can find it). No guarantees - because it is completely hit and miss where this code is (or even if it is saved to the backup). But, I'll try...

So, hang on, I'll get back to you (or, someone else).

Marilyn

evove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

Thanks in advance

T

Yes, you may be able to disable or reset the password using iFunBox. I'm still looking for the file myself. (I have hidden files showing, so you probably missed it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts