What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed: How do I export email messages from iPad to PC

12MP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has an Exchange account with a number of emails (and contacts and calendar) that have been downloaded from the exchange server. I no longer have access to the mail server for this account and need to export the email messages that are still on the iPad to my PC. I do not need to export the calendar or contacts. There is software that will allow me to export Outlook .pst files TO the iPad, but i need to do it the other way round and export the email messages from the iPad to a .pst file on my PC.

There are over 450 folders and sub folders, and over 2,500 individual emails, so forwarding the email messages won't work, and won't preserve the folder structure.

Can someone help?

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
12MP said:
My iPad 2 has an Exchange account with a number of emails (and contacts and calendar) that have been downloaded from the exchange server. I no longer have access to the mail server for this account and need to export the email messages that are still on the iPad to my PC. I do not need to export the calendar or contacts. There is software that will allow me to export Outlook .pst files TO the iPad, but i need to do it the other way round and export the email messages from the iPad to a .pst file on my PC.

Can someone help?

I might be wrong, but I dont there there is a way to do this. You can forward those emails to another account that you can get to on a pc.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

There are over 450 folders and sub folders, and over 2,500 individual emails, so forwarding the email messages won't work, and won't preserve the folder structure.

Can someone help?

Hi there-

I just deleted 2 other duplicate posts that you created regarding this question. Please do not do this as this makes if very hard for other members to follow the topic discussion and help when they can. It is also against forum rules. So, really-please read the rules regarding this for future reference.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Thanks.

Last edited:

cdoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I've created a free tool to do this. Please let me know how you get one with it - i've only tested it on one test account.

I cant post links here.. so try this: code.google.com/p/iphone-email-to-csv/

Thanks,
Chris

Most reactions

Latest posts