What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed for For Ipad2 3g

snake458

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I just brought an ipad 2 with the firmware of 4.3.5 from singapore.
i had read thru a number thread here and via googling say that ipad 2 3g is unable to jailbreak because unable to downgrade the baseband but to my understanding ipad 2 brought in singapore are not lock due to IDA restriction
so my question here is

can i follow the guide here and go ahead with the downgrade ??

pls advise

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not possible to downgrade you version of iOS from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3. There is, I'm afraid, no way around this problem at all. You will have to wait for future jailbreak solutions to arrive - probably for iOS5

Tim

OP
S

snake458

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone kindly explain on what this baseband is all about as to my understanding in singapore ipad 2 are not lock to any telco as we are free to pop in any telco sim card.

i find this site guiding on how to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

the only problem here stated that becoz of the baseband problem so that is why is not able to work with ipad 2 3g

izzit possible if singapore does not have this baseband lock to any telco the guide some how will work?

do advise and correct my understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad is not locked to any telco. The baseband issue is another issue altogether. However, it is simply not possible to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 unless you have saved your blobs. Since your iPad was delivered with 4.3.5, you will have been unable to do that, so there's simply no way to downgrade. Have a look in our Hacking section at the 'stickies' and you'll be able to read all about it there.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
snake458 said:
can someone kindly explain on what this baseband is all about as to my understanding in singapore ipad 2 are not lock to any telco as we are free to pop in any telco sim card.

i find this site guiding on how to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

the only problem here stated that becoz of the baseband problem so that is why is not able to work with ipad 2 3g

izzit possible if singapore does not have this baseband lock to any telco the guide some how will work?

do advise and correct my understanding.

Please don't link to external sites as per our rules. We have better tutorials than that already in our tutorials section, so please search and review those along with our rules! Thanks. ;)

You cannot downgrade your iPad without SHSH Blobs for the version you want to downgrade to. EVER. No exceptions. You do not have those, so as we stated earlier, you have no way to downgrade.

If you had save SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3 (and to be clear you CANNOT get them now) then you could downgrade your iPad2 to 4.3.3.

The baseband is the operating software which the modem in your 3G device. Whether your device is carrier locked or unlocked is irrelevant. All 3G devices still run the same baseband software, and this gets upgraded over time, just like IOS does. The baseband of any iPad can never be downgraded. It is impossible.
Apple introduced a new countermeasure in the firmware restore process recently so that if your baseband update does not complete successfully then the entire firmware upgrade will fail, leaving you in an endless restore loop. At the moment, IOS 4.3.3, 4.3.4, and 4.3.5 ALL have the same version baseband, and it is also the current baseband which Apple is signing.
For this reason, you can downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 if you also have blobs. But you cannot, for example, downgrade an iPad2 from 4.3.5 to 4.3 because they have different baseband versions and the failure of the baseband update will cause a failure of the entire restore procedure.

I appreciate you are very frustrated and desperately want a way to jailbreak your iPad2, but at the moment you have no opportunity to do so. Any site which says you can is incorrect I'm afraid. You will need to wait until a new JB method is released (or an existing one updated) for iPad2, and probably for IOS5. :(

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
OP
S

snake458

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tks for all the clarification and the help given ,seem like i do not have a choice here :)

Most reactions

Latest posts