What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed for android converter...

iPad2_idiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never owned apple products till ipad2.
Qns:
How to sync 2 pcs w/o erasing data. Eg, photos n music.
how to delete photos after syncing from pc in iPad.

Already did home sharing for 2pcs. But still have pop up to replace photos when I try to sync.

Thanks in advance...:confused::confused::ipad-movie:

OP
I

iPad2_idiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never owned apple products till ipad2.
Qns:
How to sync 2 pcs w/o erasing data. Eg, photos n music.
how to delete photos after syncing from pc in iPad.

Already did home sharing for 2pcs. But still have pop up to replace photos when I try to sync.

Thanks in advance...:confused::confused::ipad-movie:

Anyone?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can answer one of your questions. If you transfer photos from your PC to your iPad using iTunes then those photos cannot be deleted on the iPad itself. Rather, you have to delete them from the PC first of all and then resynch. Only photos that are in the iPad's Photos app that have not been imported using iTunes - such as an email attachment, for example - can be deleted on the iPad.

Tim

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clarify your question for us, please

You asked how do you synchronize one PC with another. Did you mean that literally or did you mean how do you synchronize an iPad with a PC?

How do you delete photos from what? Tim addresses the difference in dealing with photos downloaded directly to the iPad via camera connection or via e-mail - delete directly on the iPad. That is different from the process of deleting photos imported from iTunes as he points out.

Music is handled differently.

You may want to refer to Apple's instructions.

Apple - iTunes - Tutorials - Learn about all things iTunes.

OP
I

iPad2_idiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thks guys, I used the cable and sync my iPad to my office pc. itunes popped up. I have photos in my office pc which I wanna transfer to iPad. But when I click the photos part, select the folder and click apply, iTunes prompt me that it will replace all photos in iPad except camera roll.
I accepted. Then realized that all photos from my home pc were gone.

I clicked home sharing for both office n home pc already. I thought we can add new stuffs without erasing existing data...

Last edited:

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of iTunes. The only way I've figured out how to do this is get all the photos on the work PC to the home PC via USB, Dropbox etc and then sync iPad. The network sharing means you can read files between PCa but not sync (I think.) I already have a media server running so iTunes homesharing felt useless to me.

As far as I know...once you plug it into one PC it will overwrite the files from the other. There's no way to just add more files.

You really need to start uploading your stuff to Dropbox or Goodreader since iPad doesn't have anyway to manage the file system.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

OP
I

iPad2_idiot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the explanation. I do have dropbox on my android phone. i didn't know how to use it therefore I haven't actually started.
perhaps i'll start using dropbox and transferring all my photos to home pc then..

another silly qn: do I have to use the same folders? or can I just add another folder to the sync process?

Reaction score
What I did was create a folder called "Marks Ipad" in my desktop and I copy pictures and folders into it and sync Marks Ipad only. I can change photos in the folder and when I sync it changes them on my Ipad.
Dropbox; go to the website, sign in, click upload, choose a file, upload it, done .
On your phone or Ipad open the app , tap dropbox, tap the folder you uploaded the photo to, tap the photo, on the Ipad upper right corner is a box with an arrow, tap it to save the photo. On your phone do the same except press/hold the photo until options come up, choose download.
PM me if you need help uploading from your phone or Ipad but it's just as easy.
With photos you save from dropbox you can delete them without iTunes,a very nice perk

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts