1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help needed first time sync with PC after 6 months of using. Never synced before.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by therealriley, Jul 27, 2012.

1. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Hi all, I'm hoping anyone can answer this for me. I have owned and used my iPad 2 from new 6 months ago. I first activated it in a wifi network without a pc, and I have used it this way since. I have lots of files inside my apps that can't be backed up but can be accessed from a pc. So I have a pc now and am about to do my first sync. I know in the past with my iPhone it blanked the data on it and even after syncing the apps back I lose all my associated files.
    Will this happen this time? Will I lose everything like my pictures and files? I have never done a cloud sync either but I can do one before I start just I'm not sure if the 5gb will be enough.
    Can I get the files off my apps like idownloads and document editing apps before I sync to iTunes?
    Any advice would be helpful.
    iPad 2 32gb 3G and wifi model.
    Many thanks
  2. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I'm also on 5.0.1 and need to upgrade to latest firmware. Any advice please.
  3. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
  4. Mini_mi

Mini_mi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi,

Syncing through ITunes shouldn't cause any loss of data on your IPad. Also, unless you specify that photos and/or data be removed, they will remain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thank you very much for your help.