What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP needed after update 4.3.3

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have downloaded 4.3.3 on my iPad1 , once more I have problems with my pictures .

In iTunes all my events are double , tripled or more and nearly all the photos are gone .

I deleted 'iPod photo cache and re synced but there is no change.

I'm restoring the ipad now but I believe the problem iPhoto .

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this to the Help section as I thought it might receive better attention. I hope this is OK.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Completely turn off photo syncing in iTunes, and sync to remove all pictures.

I recommend going through the sync settings. If you've been syncing all of iPhoto I recommend backing off and syncing only selected albums, events, faces, whatever. You can add them back a few at a time, syncing in steps, and keep an eye on how things are working.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like it is an iPhoto problem, not an iPad one. Afraid I don't know anything to help there, and since I haven't updated iPhoto in a long time I haven't faced it myself. :eek:

A good reason to hang out here and watch. I might have to deal with it later.

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wasn't syncing all photos , just a few "Events".

I have an "Album" , synced that and that worked fine .

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah, I wasn't sure. I probably have you confused with someone else who said something about syncing his entire library (or so it sounded) a few days ago.

I only have it set to sync my last five events. They are all fine, but like I said I haven't updated iPhoto for a quite a while. I'm still running version 9.

OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only noticed this after the 4.3.3 update , before that all was working fine .:(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just finished reading through the thread you supplied. It seems the problem is some kind of problem between the newest update to iTunes and the newest update of iPhoto. It looks like events that are combined, or have large differences in the time/date stamp are what are getting split/duplicated/whatever when synced.

Obviously it isn't 100 predictable, or there would be a lot more people complaining.

Since the problem existed before this iOS update I suspect that your upgrade to 4.3.3 probably doesn't have much to do with it. You were just unlucky enough that the bug hit you while doing the syncs after the upgrade.

However only time will tell for sure. If lots other people who do the 4.3.3 upgrade run into the problem immediately after, maybe the upgrade can cause a similar problem, or maybe it only triggers the problem by reseting how photos sync, or something.

And of course, none of hat helps you at the moment. The thread ended without a solutions, which suggests Apple does not have a solution yet.

BTW, I've been running 4.3.3 since this morning, and done at least three syncs during and since. I checked, and I'm not having problems. But then all my last five events are simple imports, not merged or edited events that the thread suggests are the most likely to have problems. And again, my iPhoto app is not current.

Last edited:
OP
Yptcn

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes , I guess that's why....that will teach me not to upgrade immediately .
I have sent an email to a very nice tech guy over here in Europe ( he had told me I could do so ) and am waiting for his response or phone call.

Update : Apple is aware of this issue now in Europe also and hopefully there will be an update...I just hope it's sooner than later !

Last edited:

Most reactions