What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! My Settings App has DISAPPEARED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSteveC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPhone 5. While,moving icons around I noticed somehow I may have inadvertently deleted Settings. It doesn't show on the search screen even. Any ideas?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not possible to delete it, but it is more likely that you have hidden it, either using SBSettings, Poof!, Springtomize, or another similar tweak which has the capability to hide icons.

Use whichever one of these you have installed to un-hide the Settings app and you should be back to normal.

OP
D

DrSteveC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you tell me how I can find and unhide it with those? And others if you have recommendations? I installed Poof AFTER and it claimed it was unhidden lol so I deleted Poof, and iFile doesn't see it.
If I did hide it it was unintentional.
Thanks in advance for your,rapid answer.

OP
D

DrSteveC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SB Settings shows it as unhidden. I've been through the folders multiple times and the left page search doesn't find it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it is hidden, it won't appear in search.

Try hiding it with SBSettings, respring / reboot, then un-hide it and respring / reboot again.

Grandsrspecial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! What is SBSettings, restring
I have never heard these terms
Please explain as you are dealing with a lady that is late 60's
Thank you for your understanding and patience

MeMe

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow! What is SBSettings, restring
I have never heard these terms
Please explain as you are dealing with a lady that is late 60's
Thank you for your understanding and patience

Hi MeMe - not sure why you are responding to a 3 year old thread about a jailbroken iPhone - should be closed by the mods. If you have a specific question, please start a new thread in an appropriate thread - Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those terms you're wondering about are related to solving problems on a jailbroken iPad. However, this thread is almost 3 years old and the original participants have not returned. If you have any questions about jailbroken devices you'll be better off starting your own thread in the Hacking Forum.
iPad Hacking
With that, this thread is now closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts