What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! My ipad won't turn on:(

aloshton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My IPAD doesn't Turn On

Try a hard reset: hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Should be about 5 seconds until that happens. If no Apple appears, sadly something is broken.

Don't worry, a hard reset will not delete anything from the iPad. Hope everything turns out okay!

Great. It really work. Many thanks from Lima - Peru.:)

jenedwards

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"If iPad won't turn on, or the display stops responding
Follow these steps, testing after each:"

"Turn the iPad off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds, until a red slider appears. Then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Reset iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears"

I googled this just now. My ipad won't turn on so to assist in this problem, turn on your ipad.....

Makes sense to me.:(

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you it worked!

livibutters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how did you do it ?

hi ,
About your iPad ,
I was playing a game ( my ipad had about 40% battery at the time ) when my son came in and told me he had lost a tooth :D, i locked my ipad :ipad-front: and went off with my son , when i came back to using it it would not turn on and just remained as if it was locked , i have only had it for two months and it was brand new when i got it , it has not been damaged or got wet or anything , i even tried to charge it but this didnt work .
Do you have any tips on trying to make it work again , please reply soon
Thanks x :confused:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi ,
About your iPad ,
I was playing a game ( my ipad had about 40% battery at the time ) when my son came in and told me he had lost a tooth :D, i locked my ipad :ipad-front: and went off with my son , when i came back to using it it would not turn on and just remained as if it was locked , i have only had it for two months and it was brand new when i got it , it has not been damaged or got wet or anything , i even tried to charge it but this didnt work .
Do you have any tips on trying to make it work again , please reply soon
Thanks x :confused:

Did u try the hard reset method described a few posts above yours? Hold down sleep and home button for at least 5 seconds, no more thn 10, until the apple logo appears. That basically hard resets/reboot the device and everything "Should" be back to normal. No worries of losing data either. If that doesn't work, post back up here ;-)

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
Y'all Fixed It

Thanks for all the advice. Holding both power and sleep buttons down 10 seconds revived my iPad that had died. Hope this isn't a trend. I had the same thing happen to my Kindle and had to hold the power button 15 seconds to force a reboot. Never had the problem again. What would I do without Google? LOL

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bobmielke said:
Thanks for all the advice. Holding both power and sleep buttons down 10 seconds revived my iPad that had died. Hope this isn't a trend. I had the same thing happen to my Kindle and had to hold the power button 15 seconds to force a reboot. Never had the problem again. What would I do without Google? LOL

Same thing happened with my Kindle ! Amazon tech support was terrific...they even called me back a few days after to know if all was OK...from the US to France where I live !

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another reason the iPad sometimes won't turn on is if it has been completely depleted. I've had that scare before myself when I didn't realize my iPhone had gotten so low on battery.

Here's a tip sheet for the issue for the iPad:

How to Fix: iPad Won't Turn On

Massiveattack80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a hard reset: hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Should be about 5 seconds until that happens. If no Apple appears, sadly something is broken.

Don't worry, a hard reset will not delete anything from the iPad. Hope everything turns out okay!

Thank you so much! I've had my iPad for two weeks and it just did the black screen thing. You just saved me, I almost started to cry when it wouldn't turn on.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you so much! I've had my iPad for two weeks and it just did the black screen thing. You just saved me, I almost started to cry when it wouldn't turn on.

Been there done that. Glad all is well and welcome to IPF!:)

Most reactions