What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! My ipad won't turn on:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your desktop computer doesn't have enough juice going through your USB port to charge the iPad. The iPad is a thirsty one. Just use the wall charger to charge, and desktop to sync.

Glad everything is okay. Sometimes something crashes (more than just an app) and it causes the iPad to go comatose. A hard reset usually does the trick. I wouldn't feel the need to exchange the iPad unless you can reproduce it consistently.

Posting at 2:30am AND 7am? Did you even sleep yet??

Thank You! Shitums, I was trippin.

My day starts at 2AM with my second job ~ I am our janitor for our building/offices. I actually clean my own office! I don't sleep well, so I just go in at that time, as it has to be done before we open at 8AM.

Now I must shower and go to work. For real. Thank you so much for always being around to help me!:)

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. Do you work around the corner from where you live? Getting ready for work at 7:41am for an office that opens at 8am? Surely you must start after 8 or else it's the shortest commute I've heard of (other than working in your home where the commute consists of walking from one room to another).

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My screen went black once and I though it was dead - couldn't turn it on (because it actually was on with a black screen).

How did you know that?

your battery is actually completely dead and your charger isnt working, you'll have to try and charge it with your computer through the USB cable. If its off, it should charge slowly on any computer.

When I connect to my desktop, my ipad always tells me that it is NOT charging while connected to a computer.

I am con........fused...........:eek: lol!
When I had the black screen, I could see, in a dark room that the backlight to the screen was still on - there was a little light around the edges. Plus, after rebooting I saw that there was an update for the BBC News app that fixes "black screen" problems. I had been using that app when I turned off my iPad last.

When you are connected to your computer, your ipad will say that it isnt charging because it only charges when the screen is off. If you can see the screen its not charging. If you turn it off and plug it in, it will charge slowly.

Glad you got it working. I wouldnt take it back unless you start having the problem more frequently. Chances are its an app causing the problem.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well shitums!! I work the "graveyard" shift and usually the first thing I do when I get home is check in here to see what kind of trouble Ms SP has gotten herself into over night. So last night was pretty long and grueling (the A/C went out) so I came home and went to bed... and now this!

Sorry Sweet... forgive me???

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Do you work around the corner from where you live? Getting ready for work at 7:41am for an office that opens at 8am? Surely you must start after 8 or else it's the shortest commute I've heard of (other than working in your home where the commute consists of walking from one room to another).

Well ~ there are 30 of us and we work out in the field. We don't really go into the offices much ~ We have our own case load as counselors, so we don't have to be at work, in the office, at 8.:D, like management or the day program.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you got it working. I wouldnt take it back unless you start having the problem more frequently. Chances are its an app causing the problem.

Thank you! An app, huh...I only have like 20 or30 and I don't even use them that much!

Well shitums!! I work the "graveyard" shift and usually the first thing I do when I get home is check in here to see what kind of trouble Ms SP has gotten herself into over night. So last night was pretty long and grueling (the A/C went out) so I came home and went to bed... and now this!

Sorry Sweet... forgive me???

Hey!! I was so sad at 2AM. Seriously. How something can work well right before you fall asleep and wake up not working was beyond me.:mad:

I forgive you.

This time.:D

CoMoMacUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've encountered this problem a couple of times. A hard reset fixes it. The first time, I called Apple, and they said this happens when the iPad gets stuck trying to finish something, such as a download.

tap50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a hard reset: hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Should be about 5 seconds until that happens. If no Apple appears, sadly something is broken.

Don't worry, a hard reset will not delete anything from the iPad. Hope everything turns out okay!

I just had this same issue with mine. Holding the HOME and SLEEP buttons fixed the problem. I was in major panic mode. :D

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey!! I was so sad at 2AM. Seriously. How something can work well right before you fall asleep and wake up not working was beyond me.:mad:

I forgive you.

I know what happened Ms. SP - you plugged in the iPAD with the USB cable, but assumed the wall transformer was plugged in.... LOL

So glad it is up and working. !!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I forgive you.

I know what happened Ms. SP - you plugged in the iPAD with the USB cable, but assumed the wall transformer was plugged in.... LOL

So glad it is up and working. !!

You are so funny! This thread is like almost four months old....

Just sayin....:eek::D

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL I was thinking the same thing Marie, think about how much we've learned since this happened!! Not half as many panic attacks in these days!

Balthasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm only a newbe but am delighted to see an iPad master having basic problems! I'm even more delighted to see so much help being offered. That's encouraging. Thanks everyone

Most reactions

Latest posts