What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! My ipad won't turn on:(

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went to put it on the charger and usually it says "charging" but it didn't ~ then I tried to turn it on and nothing!

Please tell me that warranty is not only 30 days? I thought I read that here.

How can it just die like that? I just tried it again. Nothing. Nada. ZIP. It is so cold too.:(

It was working fine last night.....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still dead. I just can't believe it. What the hell happened to it? I only have had it for not even two months and I was so careful.

Wanna know where I am going the minute Apple opens today? If they don't get me a new one ~ you just might hear one crazy lady from Cali.:(

I have to go to work now ~ without my ipad ~

So not cool.:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"If iPad won't turn on, or the display stops responding
Follow these steps, testing after each:"

"Turn the iPad off and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds, until a red slider appears. Then slide the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
Reset iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears"

I googled this just now. My ipad won't turn on so to assist in this problem, turn on your ipad.....

Makes sense to me.:(

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh dear. It's sulking.
That will teach you to post rude things about your iPad yesterday.

Try connecting with iTunes in case your charger has died.
If that and the other instructions have failed, that a walk to the store sounds wise to me :(
Good Luck.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My screen went black once and I though it was dead - couldn't turn it on (because it actually was on with a black screen). I think if you hold down both buttons for like 10 sec, it will force power down. Then you should be able to power it back on normally by holding the top button for a few seconds.

If your battery is actually completely dead and your charger isnt working, you'll have to try and charge it with your computer through the USB cable. If its off, it should charge slowly on any computer.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try a hard reset: hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Should be about 5 seconds until that happens. If no Apple appears, sadly something is broken.

Don't worry, a hard reset will not delete anything from the iPad. Hope everything turns out okay!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a hard reset: hold the Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears. Should be about 5 seconds until that happens. If no Apple appears, sadly something is broken.

Don't worry, a hard reset will not delete anything from the iPad. Hope everything turns out okay!

I did this right before I left at 2:30AM, and it worked!! I just got home and it has charged 100% and all seems fine.

Why did this happen? Would you guys still take it back and get a new one?

Thank you everyone!!

About time ya all woke up!:D

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen went black once and I though it was dead - couldn't turn it on (because it actually was on with a black screen).

How did you know that?

your battery is actually completely dead and your charger isnt working, you'll have to try and charge it with your computer through the USB cable. If its off, it should charge slowly on any computer.

When I connect to my desktop, my ipad always tells me that it is NOT charging while connected to a computer.

I am con........fused...........:eek: lol!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your desktop computer doesn't have enough juice going through your USB port to charge the iPad. The iPad is a thirsty one. Just use the wall charger to charge, and desktop to sync.

Glad everything is okay. Sometimes something crashes (more than just an app) and it causes the iPad to go comatose. A hard reset usually does the trick. I wouldn't feel the need to exchange the iPad unless you can reproduce it consistently.

Posting at 2:30am AND 7am? Did you even sleep yet??

Most reactions

Latest posts