HELP, my ipad is dead!!!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by jumanji1212, Apr 1, 2014.

1. jumanji1212

jumanji1212 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello

i´m desperate...i´ve the ipad 3 (retina display) and it worked fine, but suddenly it blocked and an image of itunes appeared in the screen..so i connect to itnes and it automatically tried to reupdate or whatever the firmware...the problem is it never finishes...always happens an error...9, 14, 43, 2001.... i googled it and it seems to be something about the usb...so i borrowed a new white usb cable, i changed the usb port, i tried many times in my mac book pro and in wondows...both restarting the the ipad, the computers...but same result...i downloaded different firmwares but same results again...i also called apple care but it´s out of date (23 of march 2014) ...don´t kno what more i can do...pls need some help

thanks
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +831 / 0
    First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, you're obviously in a panic mood - sorry! Just for starters (and if not already done), please 'Reset' your iPad (i.e. hold the Sleep & Home button down simultaneously for at least 10 secs+ until the Apple logo appears; release both buttons and allow the iPad to do a hard re-boot) - if this does not help then post back here for further advice. Dave
  3. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +687 / 0
    Also, you can go to the apple community support which doesn't cost anything and has no time limit as far as I know.

Peace begins with a smile. :)
    M Teresa
  4. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,346 / 2
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  5. jumanji1212

jumanji1212 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    first thing, thank you all for your help

i forgot writing in the first post...i reset my ipad like 40 times and always started all over again....when connect to itunes the ipad screen freezes and u can see small red and green lines around the apple symbol, sometimes see like doubled-apple icon...

by the way...i´m using a mac book pro so...there´s no firewall, antivirus and those stuff problems am i rigth???
    ----------

another try:
    put in DFU mode and in the middle of the restore....error 9 :-S
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014