What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!! My ipad 2 lost its sounds

dyma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls I need urgent help wit my ipad 2. I have suddenly lost all sound and it's so frustrating . I cant Skype or use my live profile, or even listen to music cos I have totally lost all sound output on my iPad. Pls I need urgent help as I dnt know what else to do. Thanks

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try restarting iPad completely. When I say restart, hold down the power button until you get the 'slide to turn off' option. Slide it and iPad will turn off. Hold power button again til apple logo appears and it should be working again when it comes back on.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also a lot of Members have forgotten that the iPad volume control acts independently for headphones and speaker - you can have the headset on full volume, pull out the connector and hear -- nothing -- because the volume for the speaker was earlier set to zero.

Tim

OP
D

dyma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done all the restarting method and it didn't work. Like I said it has nothing to do with the volume setting or mute button. Could it be an apps I downloaded?

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
There are 2 volume controls - the volume rocker on the top right hand side of the device, and the iPod volume control accessible by double clicking the home button to bring up the multitask menu, then swing to the right to reveal these hidden options.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure you haven't muted sound in your settings. Read somewhere that someone muted their sounds then turned on the auto rotation lock to read in bed without disturbing his partner. Come the next day he couldn't figure out why his sound had died.......

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
There are 2 volume controls - the volume rocker on the top right hand side of the device, and the iPod volume control accessible by double clicking the home button to bring up the multitask menu, then swing to the right to reveal these hidden options.

It's actually to the left

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
sjleworthy said:

It's actually to the left

Yes it is, but swipe (or swing as the autocorrect says) to the right. ;)

smb3rd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This actually happened to me last week. I somehow changed my side switch (switch above volume rocker) to "mute" function from "lock rotation" in the settings menu. It took a while for me to figure it out! Once I checked lock rotation to change it back, I was back in business. I love my iPad! :)

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also a lot of Members have forgotten that the iPad volume control acts independently for headphones and speaker - you can have the headset on full volume, pull out the connector and hear -- nothing -- because the volume for the speaker was earlier set to zero.

Tim
I never knew that.

OP
D

dyma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still in dead need of a solution

Carolcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried all the above solutions to find my sound and nothing is working. Help

remij

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I turn on my iPod sound?? It doesn't give me the option when I double click the home button and scroll to the left ... No sound!!!! Ugh so frustrated!

Most reactions

Latest posts