What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help: mistakenly installed pdanet on JB IPAD2 4.3.3..

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to share my 3g signal to my brother's ipad 2, and searched that a cydia tweak can help.

Awhile ago i installed / mistakenly installed PDAnet then it hanged after installation, (but somewhat it is still moving, i can still access SB settings).

now i think i'm on the verge on loosing my JB as it only shows "apple" logo in the startup with loading symbol getting thicker when i do not force restart it.

Anyone encountered this issue? Is there a way i can uninstall that app? in itunes, my ipad name already changed to the default "ipad" and it says restore to continue.

any advice?

Your immidiate advice is highly appreciated.

Regards.
C

Last edited:
OP
C

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i connect it to itunes, it is on recovery mode :(

any advice?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The main thing you need to do is get back to Cydia so you can uninstall that PDAnet tweak that is causing you problems.

You said that you can access SBSettings. So, try this: Open SBSettings and you'll see a button at the bottom of the SBSettings pop-up that reads "Power." Press that button and you should get another pop-up with a list of commands. One of the commands is "Safe Mode." Press that button.

The iPad will appear to reboot (you'll get a blank screen and maybe even the spinning wheel). Then, you're screen will come back (it'll look funny) and there will be a pop-up saying you're in Safe Mode. Press the OK button.

Then, go back to Cydia (sometimes, in Safe Mode, it's hard to find the Cydia icon - I find it's easier to just use Spotlight and type in Cydia). Once you get to Cydia, UNinstall PDAnet. That action should have Cydia prompt you to respring the iPad, which should automatically take you out of Safe Mode.

That should take care of your "hung" iPad. For the future, and as a general rule, whenever you have a Cydia tweak misbehaving, the best thing to do is uninstall it. Takes care of most issues.

Hope this helps. Please, let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
C

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you read this thread, not having 3G I'm not sure if this is exactly what you need. I'm sure Marilyn or f4780y will be along soon!

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-restore-4-3-3-ipad2-3g-saved-shsh-blobs.html

thanks both for your responses, I really appreciate this.

However, here's what happened, I have accessed SBSettigns after I have installed the tweak, clicked reboot, and after it restarted the IPAD2 no longer proceeds on the apple logo plus the spinning loading wheel.

2nd problem is, I did not get any blobs for 4.3.3 (so I think i have no way to restore it to 4.3.3). The lowest version I have is 4.3.5

Is there any way I can do to boot it up to safemode? is there any button combination for Home/power button that can arrive to safe mode?

I also noticed the spinnign wheel gets ticker and ticker the longer I do not DFU it.. or force reset it.

I hope you can imagine what I am doing. I would like to uninstall the bigget mistake I ever made :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To make sure I understand - you cannot access the iPad at all (and thus SBSettings), correct? It is at the spinning wheel no matter what you do?

Try this: Unplug the iPad from the computer and then try to reset it. To reset:

Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

See if that brings anything back.

You can have a way to activate Safe Mode with the physical buttons, unfortunately, you must set it up yourself via the Settings. If you haven't set it up (it uses the tweak Activator), then you can't access it when you've got troubles. Sorry...

Marilyn

OP
C

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To make sure I understand - you cannot access the iPad at all (and thus SBSettings), correct? It is at the spinning wheel no matter what you do?

Try this: Unplug the iPad from the computer and then try to reset it. To reset:

See if that brings anything back.

You can have a way to activate Safe Mode with the physical buttons, unfortunately, you must set it up yourself via the Settings. If you haven't set it up (it uses the tweak Activator), then you can't access it when you've got troubles. Sorry...

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Yes you are correct, I cannot access the IPAD2 at all, I can only see the apple logo and the spinning wheel.

I tried your advice to hold the power and home button at the same time, but for how long should I wait for this? at first The apple logo appears, 5-10 minutes the spinning wheel appers (half of it is not that bright, I think it was just running very slowly)

For quite some time the spinning wheel becomes thicker and thicker.

Can you advice for how long should I wait for this? should I also charge it while waiting? (the last battery % i remember is it was on 30%)

Regards,
C

OP
C

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i lost my hope and restored my ipad2 to IOS 5.0.1 :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aw, man, c_strong, I am sorry! And, I'm sorry I didn't get back to your last question before restore, but, after reading it - I couldn't have helped anyway.

Hang in there. Maybe a jail break for the iPad2 will come soon. Soon! :D

Marilyn

OP
C

c_strong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aw, man, c_strong, I am sorry! And, I'm sorry I didn't get back to your last question before restore, but, after reading it - I couldn't have helped anyway.

Hang in there. Maybe a jail break for the iPad2 will come soon. Soon! :D

Marilyn

Nah its okay, the last option I did was to drain the battery and try it booting up again after 10%. But it still fails.

Is it possible if we create a thread for "Should not be installed tweaks for IPAD2" ? I would recommend pdanet :) so that people won't try to install it on their ipads.

And yes, (hopefully since JB for IOS5 has been released on non4s and nonIPAD2) it will just take a few more days to wait for the IPAD2 JB :)

Most reactions

Latest posts