What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me to decide my new purchase

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, here's the deal. I'm ready for a new Apple product. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 1. My sony viao laptop has eventually joined the other laptops in the sky and needs replaced.
My budget can stretch to about £1300.
What should i get. Another iPad, an iPad 2. A MacBook, an iMac? Etc etc!
In my house there's me, my wife and 2 young children.

2 iPads round the house would be good I suppose. Or should I get an iMac to store all my data etc.

Please help.

Thanks.

Kendo

OP
K

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.

Would I use it even though I have an iPad. As both are portable. Is a mac book air better than an iMac?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Definitely an iMac or a MBP, I'd say, since you have an iPad 1. As soon as I get a teaching job I'm saving my pennies for an iMac. My laptop, sadly, might die before I can afford one (it's 4 years old).

OP
K

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't fault the Viao. If I wasn't getting Apple just to sync everything together, I'd get another Viao.
Thanks for the advice so far.
Are the MacBooks HD screens?

OP
K

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sooo.... I chose an iMac. And holly sh.......t. It's amazing.

Picture is amazing. Better than the pictures for movies. Iphoto = amazing.
FaceTime = amazing.
iOS= amazing

Amazing.

OP
K

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
Shut up. I'm green with envy and about to throw up. :p

Sorry, sorry. I wasn't mentioning it for kudos. More to tell people that it is worth the purchase. Ive had computers in the past. I've paid allot of money for computers in the past but apple iMacs just win.
Just buy one. I got my, buy now pay in 6 months.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kendo said:
Sooo.... I chose an iMac. And holly sh.......t. It's amazing.

Picture is amazing. Better than the pictures for movies. Iphoto = amazing.
FaceTime = amazing.
iOS= amazing

Amazing.
That'll be my next computer. I couldn't afford one for a long time so hopefully my Toshiba lasts until I save enough money!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kendo said:
Sorry, sorry. I wasn't mentioning it for kudos. More to tell people that it is worth the purchase. Ive had computers in the past. I've paid allot of money for computers in the past but apple iMacs just win.
Just buy one. I got my, buy now pay in 6 months.

You know I was just joking with you right? Seriously, I'd love one but can't afford it. One day. I plan to get me within twelve months cos I will get a student discount if I do, maybe next August. I am very envious though!

OP
K

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
You know I was just joking with you right? Seriously, I'd love one but can't afford it. One day. I plan to get me within twelve months cos I will get a student discount if I do, maybe next August. I am very envious though!

Ha. Yeah I know you were just joking. Anyways after 2 days I have no idea how to use the thing. There is just too much to do. Good luck with saving up for one. Have will power and commitment and you will always get what you deserve. I look forward to a FaceTime chat once you get there.

Kendo

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd think about an iMac, I've got the 27" that I use for work, but probably the smaller one is better in price range, it's an amazing machine :)

Most reactions

Latest posts