What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me purchase apps

Snail4040

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why can I not buy from apple store. I can down load free apps but not purchase any. They ask answers to questions I have never answered. I want to but windows word for my I pad2. Am really frustrated now,help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why can I not buy from apple store. I can down load free apps but not purchase any. They ask answers to questions I have never answered. I want to but windows word for my I pad2. Am really frustrated now,help.
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you only can download free apps, then perhaps you selected "None" as payment method. Go to App Store - Featured. Scroll down to your Apple ID and tap it. From the popup, select "View Apple ID", this will appear:

image-390722366.jpg

Tap "Payment Information". If it looks like this afterwards:

image-2399452871.jpg

You're only able to install free apps.

What you could do to be allowed to purchase apps: get an iTunes gift card and redeem it, or change your payment method to one of those which are available.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts