What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help me please with my new IPAD

123456tgb9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we just received a new ipad for our 11 yr old spec needs daughter(dnsyndrm), we can't find the password to connect to the net. we were on a few days ago. our home system has an old lynksys 2.4ghz router, it works fine for us. just need to find the paper with the password, or make a new one. how to make a new one, i can't remember anything about how i did it. PLEASE HELP

OTTO

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

If you don't remember the password for your router, you will probably have to reset it and set it up again. You should find those instruction in your router manual, or on the manufacturer's site. The password for the network, and the password for getting into the router may be different. If you can find the second one you should be able to use your manual to find and change (if necessary) the network password.

I'm afraid that iPad knowledge doesn't stretch very far when it comes to how-tos on the hundreds of routers out there, when they all do things just a bit differently.

Good luck.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check on your router, if it hasn't been altered then there is often a label somewhere on it with the password on it.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Should have thought of that. :eek: Also, often both the default user and password are Admin and/or Administrator. If so you really should change them.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Should have thought of that. :eek: Also, often both the default user and password are Admin and/or Administrator. If so you really should change them.

Sounds like a company I used to work for, they had 1000's of PC's and laptops, the IT dept set the password for each and every one of them to........"password"!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a company I used to work for, they had 1000's of PC's and laptops, the IT dept set the password for each and every one of them to........"password"!

The Archangel

It would be funnier if it were less common. :)

IT's get lazy too, which is why these days there is usually a security IT guy who's job it is to make the rest of the IT department miserable. :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It would be funnier if it were less common. :)

IT's get lazy too, which is why these days there is usually a security IT guy who's job it is to make the rest of the IT department miserable. :D

Even better, as they didn't want us fiddling with the guts of the system or loading our own software on, they had their own administrator accounts......user name was admin, password was password!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Grooaaann. Don't tell me this stuff. I was in charge of an IT department once. This is like some kind of demented horror story. It's like recasting Gray's Anatomy's interns as Typhoid Mary wannabes.

Most reactions

Latest posts