What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help just got one of those 5 in 1 camera kit

johnphilip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi be gentle kind of new here.
ok so got one of these kits plugged my iphone 4 into my ipad1 using the usb cable into the gismo trying to down load pictures from phone to ipad and nothing happens. also tried my canon d400 camera still nothing also tried a usb stick nothing. did plug the gizmo into tv and it showed pictures from ipad onto tv. so got that bit right. do i need some app install for downloading to work from iphone4 to ipad via this camera kit. thanks all for read scratching head here lol

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You cannot hook up an iPhone to an iPad. I'm not sure which "kit" you got, it sounded like the Camera Connection Kit, but then you mentioned hooking up to a TV, so I'm not sure.

If you do have the CCK, you can only use it to transfer media from cameras/SD cards to the iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my Apple CCK to hook up iPhone and iPad all the time to transfer photos. Never had to fuss with it. I just hook up and it auto prompts, then I transfer what I want. I'm not familiar with the five-in-one, though.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello John.... - welcome to the forum! :)

As other posters have stated, I believe you need to tell us the brand & model of the camera kit you purchased (dose not sound like the Apple CCK), and a pic would help (or link to a site w/ a photo of the kit); also, 'how' did you attach the kit to your TV (e.g. HDMI cable, RCA jacks, USB or other)? Answers to these questions might provide more specific comments and advice - good luck!

OP
J

johnphilip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok folks here is the 5 in 1 kit, it plugs into tv via the 3 phono plugs

OP
J

johnphilip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, i have seen them hook up iphone to ipad on youtube if that helps, regards john

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
johnphilip said:
any more help please

From what I read, you plug the CCK into the dock connector of the iPad, then use the normal USB to dock connector cable you get with the iPhone to go between the iPhone and the CCK. It does not work in reverse. just think of the iPhone as the "camera".

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can hook iPhone to iPad. I do it all the time and it works fine. Not sure what your problem is. Make sure your keypad lock is not on on your iPhone or it won't work

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
J

johnphilip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI and thank you both half asleep here, sorry but what do you mean by keypad lock...........I am new and a bit thick big thanks for taking the time to help

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
johnphilip said:
HI and thank you both half asleep here, sorry but what do you mean by keypad lock...........I am new and a bit thick big thanks for taking the time to help

If you have a private pin lock on your phone for when it's in standby. Then every time you pick your phone up you put in the code to use it. If its locked with that then you will have to unlock it and then connect the camera connection kit

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
J

johnphilip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update got the apple camera kit that comes in two bits and this works a treat, just show you get what you pay for . Saying that the first one I got cost me £16

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine cost a fiver and works fine lol. The camera kit in general is a massive apple con. I mean, the iPhone and iPad have bluetooth for god sake. We could transfer using that if apple aloud us too. Hell, we were doing that on our old Nokia phones.

What bugs me about the camera kit is that you can put photos and vids on to it form iPhone and cameras ect.. But you can't do it the other way . iPad to iPhone

Sent from my iPad 3

Most reactions

Latest posts