What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help: Ipad3 issues

JC96816

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:eek: I have some issues with my IPad 3 that I haven't been able 2 solve: Please help if u can.

1. All of my documents are .wps from my pc. None of the apps I've tried opens these documents.
It would be great 2b able to use 'pages' for these documents.

2. I cannot delete pre-set favorites or other favorites in Safari. The pre-set favorites were on Ipad when it was purchased and I do not use them at all. There is a favorites bar and also a list of favorites when '...' Is chosen, but no delete option.

3. I really don't like the IOS7 update. It changed my Ipad too much--took away things I liked. Is there a way 2 go back to IOS6 and recover what was lost? I lost some important info in chats.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!
To start with your last question: with iOS 7 installed on your iPad, there's no possibility to return to 6.
2. To delete Favorites: Open Safari, tap Bookmarks and Favorites.
image-805191628.jpg
Now choose "Edit" (bottom).
image-2160600155.jpg
Tap one of the red buttons to reveal this:
image-3599799793.jpg
Choose "Delete".

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:eek: I have some issues with my IPad 3 that I haven't been able 2 solve: Please help if u can. 1. All of my documents are .wps from my pc. None of the apps I've tried opens these documents. It would be great 2b able to use 'pages' for these documents. 2. I cannot delete pre-set favorites or other favorites in Safari. The pre-set favorites were on Ipad when it was purchased and I do not use them at all. There is a favorites bar and also a list of favorites when '...' Is chosen, but no delete option. 3. I really don't like the IOS7 update. It changed my Ipad too much--took away things I liked. Is there a way 2 go back to IOS6 and recover what was lost? I lost some important info in chats.
In answer to your third question, there is no way to downgrade to iOS 6 as Apple has stopped signing iOS 6. As to your lost data, unless you have a backup in iTunes on your computer, there is no way to recover it.

Last edited:
OP
J

JC96816

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks 4 the rapid responses.
I figured out the favorites issue...thanks.
What about my documents??? Kingsoft office and others I've tried do not open .wps documents.
There is an app 'WPS' that I haven't purchased because it's a read only app.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's Works Viewer for iOS in App Store. It will open your wps files, and you can convert them to a format your iPad can read.
It's not free.

lewgarrotto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been a Wordperfect user for years and had the same problem. I finally bought WPS and it does work. I import the doc from my iMac into FileBrowser. tap the arrow at the far right of the file name. Tap Open In... and WPS will come up. tap on the icon for WPS and the file is imported as a text file. Tap on the Share arrow at the top Right corner and tap Share Document. Tap on Plain Text and you will get an Open With... option. Tap on this and you can import it into Pages.
a bit roundabout but it does work.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you don't still have WordPerfect on your PC, use one of the free Open Office variants (Open Office, NeoOffice, Libre Office) on your desktop machine to convert your documents to something you can use on your iPad. MS Word .doc, perhaps. Instead of a crutch, you'll have a permanent solution for any platform.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Last edited:

Most reactions