What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!!! ipad over heating and battery drain.

alyn.jones9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 1 3g, i changed the screen because it broke, now it is over heating....... i know a bit about ipads but cant seem to find why this one is overheating.
i thought it was maybe the battery had got to the end off it's life and the temp sensor in the battery was causing the ipad to overheat, so i replaced the battery only to find out it is still heating up and draining power when in use.
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

it is really starting to bug me now.

PLEASE HELP!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have damaged the internal circuitry when replacing the screen. A short circuit can cause overheating and excessive battery drain.

OP
A

alyn.jones9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have damaged the internal circuitry when replacing the screen. A short circuit can cause overheating and excessive battery drain.
Hi thanks for you're response, i don't think it's a short circuit as everything is working fine when on and in use, it just overheats and drains battery.... i think the heat is coming from the 3g communications board, could the 3g comms board cause the battery drain issue as well.

Most reactions