What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help : Ipad frozen with "needs to cool down warning"

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have only had this IPAD a few day (craigslist) and has been working fine until last night. After using it for about 2 hours - inside at 68 degrees, I went to put it on the charger for the night. It was then that the " IPAD needs to cool down before you can use it" warning appeared. It was still there this AM and won't go away. I tried shutting it down twice, but it is still stuck.

What do I do? It is still under warranty ( 32gb 3g model)

Scott

FBF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would take it to your nearest Apple Store. Or at the very least call them. Never seen or heard of this issue before.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would take it to your nearest Apple Store. Or at the very least call them. Never seen or heard of this issue before.

X2

The only time I've heard of that error is when used in direct sunlight (in the summer).

OP
G

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
couldn't be fixed - musta been a hardware problem

After talking with the tech people, i went to the Apple store. They gave me a new ipad. ;-)

Now I'm back home and trying to figure out how to get the APPs back that I paid for. After synching with itunes, only a few of the apps came back. I hope I don't need to buy them again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guinness12357 said:
After talking with the tech people, i went to the Apple store. They gave me a new ipad. ;-)

Now I'm back home and trying to figure out how to get the APPs back that I paid for. After synching with itunes, only a few of the apps came back. I hope I don't need to buy them again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

You just log into the app store with the user id you used to purchase the apps and you can redownload them. You go through the process as if you're buying them but as soon as it starts download you'll get a popup saying you've already purchased do you still want to download or something similar, click OK and you're good. The caveat is to be sure you're loading/rechoosing the exact app you bought not a different version (IE if you bought HD version you get the HD version again if you bought iPhone version you get that again) or you'll end up paying for it.

OP
G

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

One last question...then I'll go away ( for a little while)

On my old ipad's email, I used to havea lil trash bin icon that was a much faster way to get rid of old mail. I lost it and now have a 3 step process to do the same thing.

Can you please tell me how to get my trash bin icon back?

Thanks!

Reaction score
You get this box icon with a down arrow instead of the bin icon?

Not sure what the cause is but I used to have it too for a while, though the function seemed to be the same. After switching to a different inbox folder the normal bin icon appeared and stayed so far.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last question...then I'll go away ( for a little while)

On my old ipad's email, I used to havea lil trash bin icon that was a much faster way to get rid of old mail. I lost it and now have a 3 step process to do the same thing.

Can you please tell me how to get my trash bin icon back?

Thanks!
What type of mail program are you using.
On my exchange Mail I get the Trash Bin.
On my my Gmail I get a picture of a small box with an Arrow on top of it.

OP
G

guinness12357

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trash bin icon - found

I use Gmail.

The way to return the trash bin is to
Go to settings
Then gmail
Turn the ARCHIVE MESSAGES button to OFF

Viola!