What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!!! iPad disabled, iTunes won't connect, can't force Recovery HELP!

karahmarie711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP! Please?

My little cousins decided they wanted to be funny and change my passcode to my iPad, then ended up forgetting the passcode. Scared I was going to be mad, they tried fixing it themselves. Instead they made it worse and disabled the iPad. So, I connected my iPad to iTunes like the iPad told me too. iTunes then tells me it could not connect to my iPad because it was locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes. With the option buttons More Information... Try Again.... Cancel.... More Information told me I could Hard Boot the iPad by starting it while connected to a computer and holding the home button. Did that numerous of times and nothing... I dont know what else to do. Someone please help me?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Find my iPad is enabled on your device, go to icloud.com and sign in. Select "All Devices", then choose your iPad and erase it. This will also remove the passcode. That done, you'll be able to set up your device again, using one of your backups.

anonemus1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I almost have the same problem except I don't have an Ipad 2 data cable to connect to ITunes. I tried the Find my Ipad option but it's not detected as my Ipad's locked. Is there any other solution that does not require going online? TIA

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I almost have the same problem except I don't have an Ipad 2 data cable to connect to ITunes. I tried the Find my Ipad option but it's not detected as my Ipad's locked. Is there any other solution that does not require going online? TIA

Hello - first some clarification is needed: 1) Assume that you have also forgotten your passcode - correct; 2) Do you have a charging cable for your iPad 2 (the old 30-pin to USB cable) - if so that is used to connect to a computer to use iTunes; 3) As long as the iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network and you have activated 'Find My iPad' in the device's Settings, then the feature works fine w/ a 'locked' iPad; and 4) What iOS is installed on your iPad (8.3 is the most recent)? Dave :)

P.S. just to reiterate - you needed to activate the find feature on your iPad and sign into an iCloud account.

Most reactions