What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ipad 4 front panel

LuisVtola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to repair my ipad 4 which has the front screen broken, the problem is that it has lost its shape by the blows. What solution could you look for? All the corners are dented, I do not know if a new front screen would fall perfect or would be suspended for lack of space. Adj photos

20170205_113347.jpg 20170205_113356.jpg 20170205_113422.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to repair my ipad 4 which has the front screen broken, the problem is that it has lost its shape by the blows. What solution could you look for? All the corners are dented, I do not know if a new front screen would fall perfect or would be suspended for lack of space. Adj photos

View attachment 75909 View attachment 75910 View attachment 75911
You'd need a new case as well as a new screen unit. The cost to repair it would be more than it's worth. Have you considered getting a newer iPad?

Last edited:

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll need to replace the glass and that little plastic frame around the outside. In regards to the corners use a pair of " pinch " pliers and a file to take out the dents and file down the rough edges. With patience and a steady hand you can have it looking like new. The back case isn't that bad. I've had worse and managed to get them straightened out fine.

OP
L

LuisVtola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased a repair kit with the front screen panel, tools, rubber and rubber that goes around the frame. Then post the result to see how it is.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased a repair kit with the front screen panel, tools, rubber and rubber that goes around the frame. Then post the result to see how it is.
I hope you're successful in your repair efforts.

Most reactions

Latest posts