What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!! iPad 3,1 iOS 7.1.2 Pangu jailbreak stuck in reboot after installing afc2add

ambyjkl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, someone, please help, I have tried hard reboot, holding up button, etc. I have heard that afc2add doesn't work in iOS 7.1.2, but I didn't know that when installing. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are talking about an incident when you hard resetted the iPad while installing iOS 7.1.2, and the iPad has slipped to recovery mode (iTunes icon with a lightning charger), you have no other option than to restore it through iTunes. I was also silly enough to do that mistake.

Thats why, a backup of your device is always recommended before a software update, may it look minor.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please, someone, please help, I have tried hard reboot, holding up button, etc. I have heard that afc2add doesn't work in iOS 7.1.2, but I didn't know that when installing. PLEASE HELP! Thank you.
Hi ambyjkl! You're talking that interesting jailbreak stuff :) I'll move this thread to the iPad Hacking forum which is visited by informed members in that topic who may be in a position to assist you. Good luck with your issue!
Andrew

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say you are holding up the button, do you mean you are holding the volume UP button? Cause that's the one you hold - right after you first see the Apple logo after it enters reset. You may have to hold the button for a while.

However, if that method's not working, Cydia Substrate may not have been updated yet for iOS 7.1.2 (or 7.1.1 for that matter). So, you may have to restore a "fresh" iOS 7.1.2 onto the iPad and start again.

Sorry, but not everything is updated yet. For future, the tweak for iOS 7.1.x (that replaces afcd2add) is "Apple File Conduit 2" (AFC2)."

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Before attempting to restore, turn on a flashlight or a lamp, and directly shine it at the iPad's light sensor on the front (for the iPad, it should be near the front-facing camera). Then perform a hard reset of the device by simultaneously pressing and holding both the power and home buttons until you see the Apple logo after the screen goes blank.

If that doesn't work, stick a pair of headphones into the port, and re-attempt the procedure. If this doesn't work in itself, then you may have a corrupted bootchain and will warrant a restore. Let us know how it goes.

hsamhan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently jailbroke my ipad but when the jailbreak installation finished the apple icon was on the screen and it has been there for 2 days now, the ipad won't respond or do anything, i tried to connect it to my laptop so i can restore it to factory settings but the laptop doesn't detect anything connected to it (the cable works fine)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently jailbroke my ipad but when the jailbreak installation finished the apple icon was on the screen and it has been there for 2 days now, the ipad won't respond or do anything, i tried to connect it to my laptop so i can restore it to factory settings but the laptop doesn't detect anything connected to it (the cable works fine)

Have you tried to put the iPad into DFU mode (instructions here: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/dfu-mode-for-dummies.27489/)?

Once it gets into DFU mode, you can restore it to iOS 7.1.2 and start over.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts