What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help In JB in my new ipad...

jieo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can anyone help me???i bought a new ipad and its version is 4.2.1 how can i JB untethered it..?i already JB it but its tethered...can anyone help...or theres a way that i can downgrade it???:confused:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you can't untether it yet. You'll just have to wait...
As your iPad is new you won't have 4.2b3 SHSH's saved so you may have a longer wait as you will need a jailbreak which is not based on the dev-team "backup plan"...

Being tethered however should not cause you too many problems. Once the initial set of jailbreak apps are installed you hardly ever need to reboot your iPad, so the tethered nature of the jailbreak shouldn't be an issue...

OP
J

jieo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some times in my ipad when it reboots it will stuck at the apple logo...it is brick or tethered...thats my problem....:(

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This guy helped me jailbreak my ipad....check it out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIxCseIW7-4[/ame]

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
some times in my ipad when it reboots it will stuck at the apple logo...it is brick or tethered...thats my problem....:(

It is tethered. You must use redsn0w and select the "just boot tethered for now" option EVERY time you reboot your iPad.

It is impossible to brick an iPad unless you physically damage the hardware.

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am stuck with tethered jb only:mad: for now since I have not saved my SHSH blobs for 3.2.2, for tethered version either comex ,geohot or someone has to come up with an update,, haaa, let me wait then....:(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I am stuck with tethered jb only:mad: for now since I have not saved my SHSH blobs for 3.2.2, for tethered version either comex ,geohot or someone has to come up with an update,, haaa, let me wait then....:(

Afraid so. That's why it makes a lot of sense to read the instructions carefully and understand exactly what you are getting yourself into and whether any restriction on the current jailbreak is right for you. ;)

Hopefully you wont find tethered too bad. Once you have the basic Cydia packages installed you almost NEVER have to reboot an iPad so you should not even notice it is tethered unless you run out of juice!

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to support that. Tethered isn't really a problem at all, just make sure you are always close to power.... Also force quitting backgrounding apps before putting the pad away really improves battery life.

Wish there was a utility that would quit all the backgrounding apps at once.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to support that. Tethered isn't really a problem at all, just make sure you are always close to power.... Also force quitting backgrounding apps before putting the pad away really improves battery life.

Wish there was a utility that would quit all the backgrounding apps at once.

RemoveBG is the tweak you are looking for. Puts an sbsettings toggle that you can press to close everything... Or even better, trigger it as a gesture in Activator... very useful if you are about to run something you know is a memory hog...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It is tethered. You must use redsn0w and select the "just boot tethered for now" option EVERY time you reboot your iPad.

It is impossible to brick an iPad unless you physically damage the hardware.

For my JB library.:D

Do you feel as though you are being stalked at times?:D

lol!

Most reactions