What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! I'm a new iPad owner!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To upload photographs, you either need a different browser such as iCab, or a dedicated app, if one exists. Safari will not handle photo uploads to a website.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Actually, you can now upload photos using Safari in iOS 6, at least to most sites; probably as many as iCab Mobile will work with. Photos are the only thing you can upload (unlike iCab Mobil), but it is an improvement.

However; it sounds like the the Costco photo upload site is not mobile compatible. It probably uses Java or some other desktop plug-in. I can't check it myself, not having an account and not wanting to set one up for no other purpose.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Well, I'm speechless. Thanks, TP.

Posted using Safari to iPF. Wow. When did this change come about?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 32905

Well, I'm speechless. Thanks, TP.

Posted using Safari to iPF. Wow. When did this change come about?

iOS 6.0

It was one of the less talked about changes, along with a lot of other minor improvements to the other native apps. The Maps debacle kept the news and blogs so busy that many of them never, or only barely mentioned the goodies at the bottom of the box. I'm still stumbling across minor stuff.

Remember how many people used to complain about not being able to clear the auto-suggested email addresses in Mail. Now you can. Not the ones in your Contacts (of course) but any email you received or entered manually will have a blue arrow in the suggestion list. Tap on it and you can choose Delete, along with a couple of add to Contacts options.

Just another of the unsung reasons why iOS 6 is better, Maps or no Maps. :D

Last edited:

Most reactions