What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help finding DVD

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the old VHS VERSION OF Dwight Yoakam's " Piece's of Time " - how do I find a DVD of the same thing? My friends don't seem to know,,,,so I'm coming to the experts! :) ;)

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Diane.....noticed you had posted this in another ongoing thread and have now given your post it's own thread.......just best not to interrupt another thread with another topic......also against those Rules of ours. ;)

Anyways, have you googled this as I got a few hits from it. ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the old VHS VERSION OF Dwight Yoakam's " Piece's of Time " - how do I find a DVD of the same thing? My friends don't seem to know,,,,so I'm coming to the experts! :)

Hi Diane - now I have a number of Dwight's CDs but not the video you describe; however checkout this Amazon Link - might help (a used copy seems your best cost choice) - good luck! Dave

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Diane.....noticed you had posted this in another ongoing thread and have now given your post it's own thread.......just best not to interrupt another thread with another topic......also against those Rules of ours. ;)

Anyways, have you googled this as I got a few hits from it. ;)

Is this the right post for my question? Yes, when I first posted I didn't read the whole thing! I put in a search and that one came up. I apologized for interrupting in the other thread.
Googling didn't help me. So WHERE is the right place to post this? Thanks Leelai. I'm slowly learning by making a lot of mistakes!

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this the right post for my question? Yes, when I first posted I didn't read the whole thing! I put in a search and that one came up. I apologized for interrupting in the other thread. Googling didn't help me. So WHERE is the right place to post this? Thanks Leelai. I'm slowly learning by making a lot of mistakes! Peace begins with a smile. :) M Teresa

Yes, this is your thread now for this question. It's just best to open your own thread for any issues you're having rather than posting in another ongoing thread.

I did google this and got the same hit that Giradman has posted.....there was also one for eBay also as well as other companies.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you! Has anyone ever bought a used DVD that you know of? I have never known anyone who has so I don't know if most people are happy with what they got or have they had bad products that didn't work? I have NEVER bought anything on Amazon so I am reluctant to just jump in and do it! Thanks again to Leelai and Dave. Your time is valued by me. :) ;) :) ;)

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you! Has anyone ever bought a used DVD that you know of? I have never known anyone who has so I don't know if most people are happy with what they got or have they had bad products that different work? I have NEVER bought anything on Amazon so I am reluctant to just jump in and do it!
Thanks again to Leelai and Dave. Your time is valued by me. :) ;) :) ;)

Hi Diane - wife & I have been buying from Amazon for years w/ few problems; as to a 'used' product, I have bought a number of CDs (I collect a LOT of classical music), probably over a dozen or so and have not had a problem; if you do buy from the 'Marketplace' there is an added charge - I usually rely on the number of exchanges made and their overall rating; if you're not satisfied or if there is a problem, the return policy usually works fine - Dave :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks Dave! That is great information for a complete newbie like me,thank you so much. I'm not feeling wary anymore but happy looking forward to receiving it. Have you ever asked why they are selling it or if they consider it to be in good condition? Or is it just buy it or don't ? As in interacting with the seller through email? Thanks Dave. Hope I'm not monopolizing your time? :) ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you! Has anyone ever bought a used DVD that you know of? I have never known anyone who has so I don't know if most people are happy with what they got or have they had bad products that didn't work? I have NEVER bought anything on Amazon so I am reluctant to just jump in and do it! Thanks again to Leelai and Dave. Your time is valued by me. :) ;) :) ;)

I haven't but hubby has and they have been just as good as new!

I've never bought off Amazon but have on eBay dozens of times and even from the States.....I've only ever had 1 bad buy and they ended up rectifying it anyway so not so bad after all!

It's just a new way of buying so can be daunting at first but if you look at the sellers stats, you'll get a good idea if they are good or not.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks Dave! That is great information for a complete newbie like me,thank you so much. I'm not feeling wary anymore but happy looking forward to receiving it. Have you ever asked why they are selling it or if they consider it to be in good condition? Or is it just buy it or don't ? As in interacting with the seller through email? Thanks Dave. Hope I'm not monopolizing your time? :) ;)

Hi Diane - using Amazon is easy - there are really two sites, i.e. Amazon itself and its Marketplace (MP) (of numerous sellers, some quite large and others individuals); but the DVD you want is shown in the first pic below - only being sold (OOP, I assume) on their MP as either a new or used item - the other two pics show the results after clicking on those options - pricing increases going down the list and there is a $4 S/H fee for optical media, such as CDs & DVDs - also for the used items, a description of the item is present -in addition, look at the ratings (BIG numbers and a high %, i.e. > 95% for me when using the MP) - I've always had go luck w/ 'used' purchases of optical discs - SO, now up to you to decide - good luck & let us know your results - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.45.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.45.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.46.08 AM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts