What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Creating Books for My Son

ilovebooks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a mom too a son who is nonverbal. We just got the IPad2 as a communication device (hopefully). He also loves animated audio books on computer. So I am interested in creating some basic books for him that will entertain him and make him laugh.....or finding free/very inexpensive ones. Any suggestions? Is it difficult to create documents with animation and sounds?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Discussion area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question. You might also want to have a look in our iPad At School area for additional threads about special needs children:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-school/

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Take a look at Demibooks Composer. It is on the app store and best of all it is currently free :)

[h=2][/h]

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll see, too, in the iBooks section that a regular poster, Carisa, posts each week a wide selection and recommendations of free children's books. Have a look at her posts and you'll find an enormous selection of free children's books that I'm sure will be of interest.

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Carisa's website is superb. Tim's right. I'd also suggest check the App Shopper website and doing a search for apps like the Demibooks Composer cited above. Can't recall the details offhand but I know I've run across several apps that enable you to create a book for a child using photos, text, and other material. I recommend using App Shopper mainly because it is so much easier to search and identify interesting apps than trying to do so in the iTunes app store.

Most reactions

Latest posts