Help Creating Books for My Son

Discussion in 'iPad at School' started by ilovebooks, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ilovebooks

ilovebooks iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a mom too a son who is nonverbal. We just got the IPad2 as a communication device (hopefully). He also loves animated audio books on computer. So I am interested in creating some basic books for him that will entertain him and make him laugh.....or finding free/very inexpensive ones. Any suggestions? Is it difficult to create documents with animation and sounds?
  2. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

BTW, I moved your post to the iPad Discussion area where you’re likely to get a better response to your question. You might also want to have a look in our iPad At School area for additional threads about special needs children:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-school/

Welcome again and enjoy!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. garanth

garanth iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi,
    Take a look at Demibooks Composer. It is on the app store and best of all it is currently free :)

[h=2][/h]
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You'll see, too, in the iBooks section that a regular poster, Carisa, posts each week a wide selection and recommendations of free children's books. Have a look at her posts and you'll find an enormous selection of free children's books that I'm sure will be of interest.

Tim
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Carisa's website is superb. Tim's right. I'd also suggest check the App Shopper website and doing a search for apps like the Demibooks Composer cited above. Can't recall the details offhand but I know I've run across several apps that enable you to create a book for a child using photos, text, and other material. I recommend using App Shopper mainly because it is so much easier to search and identify interesting apps than trying to do so in the iTunes app store.