What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help can't send email

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The weirdest **** just happened. I was browsing and an email came through. Without realizing, I replied with the iPad and as soon as I sent it I thought to myself"that's not going to send". A different box pops up asking for a password. I enter it and the email goes out. I check and sure enough it's in the sent folder. I go to send another thinking it might be over but... I get the same pop up saying the server is not responding. How the hell can that be???

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I'm confused. The email I said didn't go through showed up sent an hour later. Tested it a few more times and for now its working. I've made no changes. Going to slowly add emails and calendars back and check in between. Weird. Also web guy said he knew of nothing strange going on

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just updating here because this is so ridiculous. Guess what happened after I added 4 google calendars back on. Yup, couldn't send mail again

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Bad Google, very Bad Google!

Was that the first google account you put back on (I guess some people have more than one??) or we're they four different accounts with separate calendars? I've never set up Google mail (gmail) on an iOS device, so don't know if you get multiple calendars for a single account.

Last edited:
OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Bad Google, very Bad Google!

Was that the first google account you put back on (I guess some people have more than one??) or we're they four different accounts with separate calendars? I've never set up Google mail (gmail) on an iOS device, so don't know if you get multiple calendars for a single account.

I put the 4 back on at the same time. After I erased them it worked again. They are 4 different calendars for 4 different people. Still not sure if it's google or my ipad. These 4 calendars are on my android phone and no issues.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I put the 4 back on at the same time. After I erased them it worked again. They are 4 different calendars for 4 different people. Still not sure if it's google or my ipad. These 4 calendars are on my android phone and no issues.
It would be very funny if they weren't working on your Android. Android = Google/Gmail.

Which way did you set them up on your iPad? Are only the calendars enabled, or Google mail as well?

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be very funny if they weren't working on your Android. Android = Google/Gmail.

Which way did you set them up on your iPad? Are only the calendars enabled, or Google mail as well?

I think I left out that my ipad was just replaced, or maybe I didn't idk. Either way, I cracked my screen and got a new one. After restore everything worked perfect. Wasn't til a few days after I had problems. I mention this because after restore all 4 calendars were on there and working. It's just the calendar, no mail. Yesterday I had issues with no google syncs just my mail. Mail wouldn't send right away but would go out hours later. Now I realize the battery is crappy too. Charging every 2 days. Used to get almost a week between charges. Thinking a visit to the apple store is inevitable.

OP
W

wade2677

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail starting working again days ago. Testing before I posted back just to be sure. All the calendars are back on and no issues. All the notes that disappeared suddenly came back. All I can do us shrug my shoulders. Thanks for the replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts