What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!! Bought Used iPad and..

jfaulk01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a used iPad and the setting have been reset but when I try and set it up I get this message:

This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up the IPad.

I have tried to contact the seller but have yet to get a response. Had the iPad for a month now and can't even use it. Is there anyone that knows what I can do?

Its one of the newer models. It has the newer charger with it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF!

There's nothing else you can do at the moment but to wait for the seller's reply. The iPad has to be removed from the former owner's iCloud account/Find my iPad. There's no other way to get rid of iCloud's activation lock.

You'll find the methods to get this done on this site:
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702

Jjf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a used iPad and the setting have been reset but when I try and set it up I get this message:

This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID. Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up the IPad.

I have tried to contact the seller but have yet to get a response. Had the iPad for a month now and can't even use it. Is there anyone that knows what I can do?

Its one of the newer models. It has the newer charger with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts