What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - app utk tel dan whatsapp di ipad 4 a1460

Rwu7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gan ane newbie ipad 4 dan ga tau cara install app telp dan whatsapp di ipad 4 os 7.

Mohon bantuannya. Tks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gan ane newbie ipad 4 dan ga tau cara install app telp dan whatsapp di ipad 4 os 7.

Mohon bantuannya. Tks.

First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, I assuming that your are referring to an iPad w/ retina display that was considered the 4th generation - correct? (as quoted below - Wiki source). If so, I have no idea what question you are asking regarding iOS 7 - please respond w/ a better explanation for us English speakers, sorry - Dave

The fourth-generation iPad (originally marketed as iPad with Retina display, retrospectively marketed as the iPad 4)[15][16]is a tablet computer produced and marketed by Apple Inc. Compared to its predecessor, the fourth-generation iPad maintained the Retina Display but featured new and upgraded components such as the Apple A6X chip, and the Lightningconnector, which was introduced on September 12, 2012. It shipped with iOS 6.0, which provides a platform for audio-visual media, including electronic books, periodicals, films, music, computer games, presentations and web content.

OP
R

Rwu7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, I assuming that your are referring to an iPad w/ retina display that was considered the 4th generation - correct? (as quoted below - Wiki source). If so, I have no idea what question you are asking regarding iOS 7 - please respond w/ a better explanation for us English speakers, sorry - Dave

Im sorry i must have logged into the intl forum. Yes i hv my 4th gen jailbroken ipad and still have no idea about how to install apps to enable my device to make a call and communicating through whatsapp.

Can you pls help me? I ve given up about this already.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WhatsApp is an iPhone only app and cannot be installed on the iPad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
But theres a way to run it on ipad isnt it? Especially on a jailbroken device.
The only way is with a jailbroken iPad. In addition, the iPad has to be a WiFi plus cellular iPad with an active data plan. You also need an iPhone for the activation process as the WhatsApp activation code can only be sent to an iPhone. The code is then entered on the iPad.

OP
R

Rwu7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its already jailbroken but i can use any phone to receive the confirmation code right? I guess its only sms. How to install the app on my ipad? Bought this second hand device and really dissapointed. Android does better than ios. I want my samsung back :(. I can not do anything with this apple device. Everything is restricted. Dunno why the world is so in love with apple.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its already jailbroken but i can use any phone to receive the confirmation code right? I guess its only sms. How to install the app on my ipad? Bought this second hand device and really dissapointed. Android does better than ios. I want my samsung back :(. I can not do anything with this apple device. Everything is restricted. Dunno why the world is so in love with apple.
The world is "in love" with Apple because its products are pretty good. You have already been given an answer by scifan above, you need an iPhone because the activation code can only be sent to an iPhone.
To repeat... WhatsApp is an iPhone only app, so you will need an iPhone. From then on you no longer need to guess anything, it should be plain sailing.:)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not Apple's fault that WhatsApp can't be installed on a non jailbroken iPad. The WhatsApp developer is the one who makes the decision on which devices are supported. Since WhatsApp is designed as an iPhone messaging app it's not unreasonable for the developers to restrict it to iPhones only.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can not do anything with this apple device. Everything is restricted. Dunno why the world is so in love with apple.

People like Apple product because they are secure. But having a more secure device has it's drawbacks in that it's more difficult to do certain tasks because of the security restrictions. To get a better understanding of the security on a iOS device, Apple published a white paper about it which links to it can be found on this page:

https://www.apple.com/iphone/business/it/security.html

If you download and read this white paper you'll understand why some things are harder to do on a iOS device. So what happens when the device OS isn't as secure? Well all you have to do is take a look at the Android platform. Here's a few interesting articles:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2099...roid-apps-spike-in-the-google-play-store.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/personal-techn...oogle-play-store-after-millions-of-downloads/

http://fortune.com/2015/07/08/google-play-fake-app/

and that's just a few of the results when you Google "android play store malware". I could go on and on about why I think iOS is better than Android, but I won't. Now before I get called an Apple fanboy, I'm not. I'm not a Android fanboy either, but I am a fanboy of whatever works and works well, and right now Apple fits that description.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions